S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2016 Option Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 10:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Italy - repatriate to FL - eventually North Carolina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Option Questions

Hello All, new to AudiWorld - from the reading I have done ot appears this will be a great resource! Lots of great people here and all Audi lovers, what's not to like?
I am almost ready to get bids on a 2016 S7 from dealers in Central Florida. Was curious about a few things but will start with two:
1 - is the standard Bose 600+ watt 14 speaker systems great sounding or can anyone convince me that 6k on a B&O system would be worth it? Wife and I love music in the car but being 60+ years wondered if our hearing is up to the B&O level
2 - Getting the Comfort Sport seats - Flint Gray (WQ) - the write up on the Option Guide states "comfort rear seats" as part of the package. Can anyone elaborate on what that might mean?

Thanks all and I look forward to spending time here. Gary
Old 02-26-2015, 06:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Gary,

I'm a pretty hard core audio snob, i produce music for fun, and build my own speakers. I personally don't have a problem with the Bose System in my '13 S7. My understanding is that the B&O is marginally better (i haven't heard it) but that its marginal value does not exceed its marginal cost. Ofcourse, my car was CPO and i didn't have a choice, however, i'm not unhappy with the Bose. Personally, i think that unless you are willing to get very deep into the world of automotive audio customization, it's probably six in one hand half a dozen in the other for the dealer options on pretty much all car stereos except maybe porsche's burmeister (again hear say). I will note that audio quality in any car these days is certainly source dependant, so if you listen to CD's you might get that extray 1% out of the B&O. If you listen to anything that's more compressed, i.e. hd radio, sirius, iphone, etc. you're good to go with the bose since often the compression algorithm truncates that extra data that the higher end system can reproduce. All of these car stereos these days use a lot of DSP and microphone placement, many speakers, and cabin tuning to sound good. Gone are the days of just four speakers dropped into the car. Personally, I love 2 channel audio and a nice piece of vinyl thorugh a tube amp. You'll never get that in a car system, so personally i'd pass on the B&O and buy some nice mcintosh gear for your home.

2. I have the comfort sport seats. Initially i was sad that the CPO i found didn't have the diamond seats, since it was other wise in great condition. However, these are easily the most comfortable car seats i have ever had and i can't endorse them strongly enough. These give you a very adjustable seat that is ventilated for air cooled seats in the summer - probably a must in central florida. I think the comfort of these seats is most noticable when you move to a diferent car and wonder why all seats cant' be as comfortable.

My undersanding is that comfort rear seats just match the front, i.e. perforated seats, delete the diamond stitching.

Last edited by sumo2003; 02-26-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sumo2003
I'm a pretty hard core audio snob, i produce music for fun, and build my own speakers.
This is my assessment as well and I have heard both, side-by-side. Yes, the B&O sounds better, but not better enough to justify the additional cost.

Besides, now that the 2016 has a Sport Exhaust option, wouldn't you rather hear that?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sumo2003
Hi Gary,

I'm a pretty hard core audio snob, i produce music for fun, and build my own speakers. I personally don't have a problem with the Bose System in my '13 S7. My understanding is that the B&O is marginally better (i haven't heard it) but that its marginal value does not exceed its marginal cost. Ofcourse, my car was CPO and i didn't have a choice, however, i'm not unhappy with the Bose. Personally, i think that unless you are willing to get very deep into the world of automotive audio customization, it's probably six in one hand half a dozen in the other for the dealer options on pretty much all car stereos except maybe porsche's burmeister (again hear say). I will note that audio quality in any car these days is certainly source dependant, so if you listen to CD's you might get that extray 1% out of the B&O. If you listen to anything that's more compressed, i.e. hd radio, sirius, iphone, etc. you're good to go with the bose since often the compression algorithm truncates that extra data that the higher end system can reproduce. All of these car stereos these days use a lot of DSP and microphone placement, many speakers, and cabin tuning to sound good. Gone are the days of just four speakers dropped into the car. Personally, I love 2 channel audio and a nice piece of vinyl thorugh a tube amp. You'll never get that in a car system, so personally i'd pass on the B&O and buy some nice mcintosh gear for your home.

2. I have the comfort sport seats. Initially i was sad that the CPO i found didn't have the diamond seats, since it was other wise in great condition. However, these are easily the most comfortable car seats i have ever had and i can't endorse them strongly enough. These give you a very adjustable seat that is ventilated for air cooled seats in the summer - probably a must in central florida. I think the comfort of these seats is most noticable when you move to a diferent car and wonder why all seats cant' be as comfortable.

My undersanding is that comfort rear seats just match the front, i.e. perforated seats, delete the diamond stitching.
Thanks for the response! I guess I was looking for agreement on my initial thoughts We typically stream over bluetooth more than anything so it would seem that the B&O isn't justified. You're right 6K would go a long way to help me get that home theater I want
Old 02-26-2015, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
This is my assessment as well and I have heard both, side-by-side. Yes, the B&O sounds better, but not better enough to justify the additional cost.

Besides, now that the 2016 has a Sport Exhaust option, wouldn't you rather hear that?
The exhaust is absolutely a sound I want to hear! Thanks for the response. Oh I also looked more closely at he disclaimer on the B&O system and it says it will reduce trunk space as well. Even though the S7 has gobs of it I don't think I want any reduction in the boot