S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2016 Pricing Guide for S7

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Pricing Guide for S7

Not sure if this is old news but was sent this from my dealer last night......
Attached Files
Old 01-21-2015, 09:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered my S7 last night and they didn't have pricing so thank you for sharing. Unfortunately no Phantom Black Pearl. I went with Mythos Black. I hope it's as deep of a black as PB. Anyways, did your dealer give you an indication on delivery timing?
Old 02-27-2015, 09:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Italy - repatriate to FL - eventually North Carolina

Originally Posted by Steveo2424
Not sure if this is old news but was sent this from my dealer last night......
This is very helpful, thanks! Wondered if there were any figures for Invoice pricing as well. Failing that maybe some rule of thumb difference in price between retail and invoice pricing. May be useful for negotiations.
Thanks.
Old 02-28-2015, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by palmerg
This is very helpful, thanks! Wondered if there were any figures for Invoice pricing as well. Failing that maybe some rule of thumb difference in price between retail and invoice pricing. May be useful for negotiations.
Thanks.
amelen posted it here:
http://www.alexmelen.com/2016AudiOrderGuide3b.pdf
Old 03-01-2015, 01:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by melland
Thanks a lot! It confirms my computations. I have been talking to a dealer in North Carolina and they keep telling me that prices are marked up 5% when it is now clear that the invoice markup is about 7.75% on the car and over 7% on all options. I probably won't go back to them with this info but it's good to know that I was right to go elsewhere.
Gary
Old 03-01-2015, 04:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks a lot! It confirms my computations. I have been talking to a dealer in North Carolina and they keep telling me that prices are marked up 5% when it is now clear that the invoice markup is about 7.75% on the car and over 7% on all options. I probably won't go back to them with this info but it's good to know that I was right to go elsewhere.
Gary
To offer some additional clarity, most dealers think in terms of "Percent below MSRP" (since that is the number everyone can see), which puts them at 7%, and I believe it was just raised to that level this year. Pretty sure the last few years were only 6%.

There's also a lot of misinformation spread inside dealerships as the 5% number is thrown around a lot, across all manufacturers, and its low for pretty much all of them when calculating actual invoice. Maybe they're baking in some average on carrying costs (dealer financing, space on the lot, time spent in test drives, etc.) or maybe not.

If I had to guess, that number coincides with the point where the sales advisor's bonus goes to a flat $50 or something else trivial and the management just tells them that it happens to be the point where they make no money on the front-end transaction as an explanation.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 03-01-2015 at 04:20 AM.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:57 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
To offer some additional clarity, most dealers think in terms of "Percent below MSRP" (since that is the number everyone can see), which puts them at 7%, and I believe it was just raised to that level this year. Pretty sure the last few years were only 6%.

There's also a lot of misinformation spread inside dealerships as the 5% number is thrown around a lot, across all manufacturers, and its low for pretty much all of them when calculating actual invoice. Maybe they're baking in some average on carrying costs (dealer financing, space on the lot, time spent in test drives, etc.) or maybe not.

If I had to guess, that number coincides with the point where the sales advisor's bonus goes to a flat $50 or something else trivial and the management just tells them that it happens to be the point where they make no money on the front-end transaction as an explanation.
Maybe all that is true I don't know. Bottom line is that if I can't get a better deal than 2.6% off MSRP I will find a dealer who participates in the ACNA program and get the 6% they offer. In the end I hope to get the car for a reasonable price. Thanks for the insights,Gary
Old 03-01-2015, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Maybe all that is true I don't know. Bottom line is that if I can't get a better deal than 2.6% off MSRP I will find a dealer who participates in the ACNA program and get the 6% they offer. In the end I hope to get the car for a reasonable price. Thanks for the insights,Gary
Oh, I'd agree. Depending on your location you can do better (I got 6% + free AudiCare), though not by much. Thankfully, Loyalty or Conquest can stack on top of that.