S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

2016 S7 arrives in June!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 11:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Location: Italy - repatriate to FL - eventually North Carolina
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 S7 arrives in June!

Well, thanks to a large degree from info gathered at AudiWorld and those who post here, we just ordered our 2016 S7. It should be at the North Carolina dealer this June! I am stoked!

Wife and I are retiring and moving from FL to NC. I know, sounds weird right? We love NC and the change of seasons. We currently live in Italy but we repatriate this year, me in June and the wife in the Fall.

I'm stoked because we will pick the car up in NC. We will drive the S7 to FL to pick up some stuff for temp living back in NC. Wife will fly back to Italy from FL. Then I will drive back to NC to reside there while house is being built.

So, I should be able to catalog about 1100 miles of driving to be posted here when I'm finished. I'm expecting awesomeness!

Ciao,
Gary
Old 04-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Funny replying to my own OP but status is the S7 is allocated and got my Comm# - its in the FOB.
Glad to see movement. When I see it in production I will really be happy.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats, on the car and the new home. NC is beautiful. I was down there last year on vacation in a BMW X3 (3.0L Turbo) and had a blast on the Blue Ridge Parkway (we almost ran out of gas near Grandfather and I hyper-miled the thing 36 miles to a gas station @ 38MPG). I can only imagine what it will be like in a S6 or S7. We're doing New Orleans for a vacation this year so I guess I'll keep wondering...

You're going to love the Comfort seats. I'm still tinkering with mine but I've got them pretty close to perfect and the massage feature is exactly what I need after a day at work. On that note, I think it's time to head out.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 04-01-2015 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 04:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just received an email from Audi (Waiting Customer Program) telling me that my S7 has entered into Production!

Great news, looks like it is on schedule for an early June delivery. The next email is supposed to come after the S7 sails from the port of Emden in Northern Germany. It is supposed to arrive in Jacksonville FL - that's a long haul to Charlotte NC but who cares

I am truly psyched!!!

Ciao,
Gary
Old 05-20-2015, 02:03 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Vehicle carrier Florida Highway is moored at the Port of Jacksonville. It arrived from Emden yesterday morning, May 19th, at 0300. I was told by AoA and my dealership that my new S7 was transported on that ship. Florida Highway is still docked (according to Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic) there and being offloaded.
Next step, I suppose , is loading on to car transporter truck and off to Charlotte. We always hoped the S7 would be delivered before 14 June. It seems that it will be after all.

I have written some posts and commented here and there but mostly I "lurk" soaking up tid-bits of cool info that intrigue me. Things like exhaust, and ceramic brakes, and all weather floor mats and 034 motorsport tranny spacers and M+S tires and tint and paint wrap as well as a host of other things I am still mulling over.
Bottom line is that I will be driving the S7 in "vanilla" form (funny term for such a great car) for at lease the first 2000 miles. I want to get a sense for the "soul of it" first learn the MMI in and out, especially the differences in the cars driving modes and then maybe start adding or modifying components where necessary.

Next stop June 15th and a visit to the dealers in Charlotte. woot!!, less than a month from now!
Old 05-20-2015, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on getting your car this far so quickly, but I know it seems like forever. I ordered my A3 Cab. March 6 and was hoping it would be on Florida Highway. It is on the next ship scheduled into JAX, the Chesapeake Highway. Due there May 28. I am hoping to be able to get the car from the dealer here in Orlando the first week of June. Planning a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall.
Old 05-20-2015, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratulations Gary.

You may want to get that paint protection film ASAP. There is temporary film you can put on for your trip to NC.
-----------
edit: upon further investigation, I found some links to the films. The Road Wrap is thinner and Trac Wrap by Xpel is thicker.

Road Wrap® Paint Protection Film - California Car Cover Company

RoadWrap and RugWrap | EmpireCovers

Temporary protective film you can install like a professional...TRACWRAP by XPEL protective film

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Road-Wrap-Disposable-Vehicle-Protection-Film-6-x-100-Great-Bug-Protection-/141167503715?hash=item20de3d2963&vxp=mtr

Last edited by tenspeed; 05-20-2015 at 08:10 AM.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Timgo2003
Congratulations on getting your car this far so quickly, but I know it seems like forever. I ordered my A3 Cab. March 6 and was hoping it would be on Florida Highway. It is on the next ship scheduled into JAX, the Chesapeake Highway. Due there May 28. I am hoping to be able to get the car from the dealer here in Orlando the first week of June. Planning a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway in the fall.
Thought mine was going to be on the Chesapeake Highway. It was a surprise to hear it was on the Florida. Best of luck with your delivery in Orlando!!
Gary
Old 05-20-2015, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Congratulations Gary.

You may want to get that paint protection film ASAP. There is temporary film you can put on for your trip to NC.
-----------
edit: upon further investigation, I found some links to the films. The Road Wrap is thinner and Trac Wrap by Xpel is thicker.

Road Wrap® Paint Protection Film - California Car Cover Company

RoadWrap and RugWrap | EmpireCovers

Temporary protective film you can install like a professional...TRACWRAP by XPEL protective film

Road Wrap Disposable Vehicle Protection Film 6" x 100' Great Bug Protection | eBay
Thanks for all the info. I will seriously consider it, sounds like a great investment too.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey all,
Just got word from the dealer in Charlotte that my S7 will probably be arriving to them tomorrow, 26 May! They said they would send some pictures along. I hope they do and if so I will try to post a few here for all to see as well.

It will have made the trek from

Neckarsulm, DE --> Emden, DE --> Jacksonville, FL --> Charlotte, NC

I'm all set to pick it up on June 15th. It would be a lot sooner if I wasn't over here in Italia finishing up stuff before the wife and I make the trip back home.

Pictures soon, I hope....

Quick Reply: 2016 S7 arrives in June!