S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

About to order 2016 S7 Florett Silver -- A few final questions please

Old 12-16-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About to order 2016 S7 Florett Silver -- A few final questions please

First time post...
I am about to order my first Audi, most likely this week. ( 2016 S7)
I have a few questions and they are all over the place, so please bear with me. Thanks in advance for the time and answers.

- I will have to order mine to get it exactly the way I want it, and I got 6% off MSRP, or at Invoice. Seems like a good deal in today's environment???

- I am interested in feedback on whether or not the Driver Assistance Plus package ( 2450) is worth it?

- Add on / potential changes....
- I do a lot of highway driving, and am curious as to and paint protection. The 3m car bra?? I am meticulous about the appearance of the car, and enjoy the clay bar, polish, and wax processes. Do these protectants have an obvious impact on the appearance of the paint in those areas? Any other advice on paint protection.

- Has anyone changed the brake calipers from black to Red? And had a positive experience? No negative impact to the calipers and no fading?

- I am ordering the 21" Black Optic package, and the only thing I do not really like about the car is the black grille. Has anyone had experience switching it to the RS7 grille. The dealer has done it, but wants like 3500.00.

- I like the black out badging as well. The Audi Rings and the V8T on the fenders. Can I get that on the original order, or is it all aftermarket.

- Last questions ...
- Thoughts on the Audi Care Program? Y or N
- Also the Extended Warranty Program ? Y or N or is it better to do third party. They are wanting 3500 for it. ?

I guess that is about all for now,( sorry for the long email) but again, thanks in advance. I will almost certainly have more in the future about maintenance tips. Best Gas, Best Oil, any other tricks etc...

Blessings,
T
Old 12-18-2015, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've had my 2016 for about 6 months and love it!

I used the Audi club discount for 6% off and felt good about that final price. There maybe other incentives (loyalty or conquest) as well that they can apply. Either way 6% is great IMO.

I drive on the highway mostly and like using the driver assistance package. Lane guidance works fairly well and recognizes the lane markings probably 95% of the time when going at speed. Radar adaptive cruise is the other big feature I use a lot too, especially in stop and go traffic. I usually turn it off when I'm going highway speeds because the deceleration/auto braking can be jarring if a car pulls out in front of you.

Otherwise the cameras are fine( nothing too earth shattering) though I wish it had a 360 degree view instead of the corner view.

It's not a must have package, but I figured I wanted a car with a fair amount of tech so I opted for it.

As for Audicare I would get it as it saves you in the long run if you plan on using the dealer for maintenance.

I got xpel on the front bumper and hood for ppf and had opticoat on the outside. I don't notice much difference in appearance especially since they can wrap the ppf edges so you don't see a seam except for the headlight cutouts. I already had a rock chip which marred the front xpel so I'm glad I put it on.

Can't comment too much on your other questions as it would just be speculation but I think the blacked out emblems are aftermarket. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Tek23; 12-18-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thanks for the reply -

Thanks for the reply. I will have to look into those paint treatments I just did not want an obvious film or discoloration.
Blessings,
Todd

Originally Posted by Tek23
I've had my 2016 for about 6 months and love it!

I used the Audi club discount for 6% off and felt good about that final price. There maybe other incentives (loyalty or conquest) as well that they can apply. Either way 6% is great IMO.

I drive on the highway mostly and like using the driver assistance package. Lane guidance works fairly well and recognizes the lane markings probably 95% of the time when going at speed. Radar adaptive cruise is the other big feature I use a lot too, especially in stop and go traffic. I usually turn it off when I'm going highway speeds because the deceleration/auto braking can be jarring if a car pulls out in front of you.

Otherwise the cameras are fine( nothing too earth shattering) though I wish it had a 360 degree view instead of the corner view.

It's not a must have package, but I figured I wanted a car with a fair amount of tech so I opted for it.

As for Audicare I would get it as it saves you in the long run if you plan on using the dealer for maintenance.

I got xpel on the front bumper and hood for ppf and had opticoat on the outside. I don't notice much difference in appearance especially since they can wrap the ppf edges so you don't see a seam except for the headlight cutouts. I already had a rock chip which marred the front xpel so I'm glad I put it on.

Can't comment too much on your other questions as it would just be speculation but I think the blacked out emblems are aftermarket. Hope this helps!
Old 01-03-2016, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Here are some recent pics. It's hard to see the clear bra (front hood/bumper) and there is no difference in appearance in color.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 133 Likes on 89 Posts

One thing which I think is a must have, if you listen to a lot of music is the pricey B&O sound system. I don't have it in my s7 I have the pretty crap sounding Bose sound system, it sounds cheap and feels like you got the most basic model. Cough up the extra few thousand and trust me you won't ever regret it, when compared to the Bose system. Also make sure you opt for the sports exhaust, for these cars are too muted without and I've been asked multiple times if the cars a v6 because doesn't sound like a v8 when revved .