S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Any deliveries on 2016 S6, S7 or RS7 ?????

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 12:11 PM
mog
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all -- long time lurker, first time poster...

i actually ordered my S7 on 1/3 -- my sales rep asked internally at the time and her manager told her 3-3.5 months...i got my vin on 3/16, and i took delivery last monday 4/21! i'm thrilled with the car, and honestly am so happy with it that i don't miss driving my V8 S5 manual nearly as much as i thought i would...

...so the reason for my post is -- there's gotta be a specific feature that i *didn't* order that's the one causing the backorders/delays, no? my specs:

mythos black metallic
standard black valcona sport w/ diamond stitching
20" wheels, silver finish
sport package
carbon atlas inlays
b&o
black interior cloth headliner

...i just can't imagine that i'm somehow "special" =P the answer is much more likely dumb luck that i passed on some feature that's now backordered.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mog
hi all -- long time lurker, first time poster...

i actually ordered my S7 on 1/3 -- my sales rep asked internally at the time and her manager told her 3-3.5 months...i got my vin on 3/16, and i took delivery last monday 4/21! i'm thrilled with the car, and honestly am so happy with it that i don't miss driving my V8 S5 manual nearly as much as i thought i would...

...so the reason for my post is -- there's gotta be a specific feature that i *didn't* order that's the one causing the backorders/delays, no? my specs:

mythos black metallic
standard black valcona sport w/ diamond stitching
20" wheels, silver finish
sport package
carbon atlas inlays
b&o
black interior cloth headliner

...i just can't imagine that i'm somehow "special" =P the answer is much more likely dumb luck that i passed on some feature that's now backordered.
Nice, congrats! Did you get black optics package? I heard that was causing delays. Luck plays a lot into it too - my car has been at port the last 3 weeks while many similar cars were delivered to my exact dealership.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:19 PM
mog
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by amelen
Nice, congrats! Did you get black optics package? I heard that was causing delays. Luck plays a lot into it too - my car has been at port the last 3 weeks while many similar cars were delivered to my exact dealership.
thanks!

reptions, your guess might be spot on -- i didn't get the black optic package, no -- my 2 previous cars were a B6 S4 and a B8 S5 -- it appears i can't let go of the silver mirrors!

sorry to hear about your car, btw....i guess that means customs is giving your car a "thorough" inspection?
Old 04-28-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Yup - since November. Delivery scheduled (rescheduled for the third time) tomorrow. Push on the dealer to sign him up for the updates - I had to remind mine a few times even though I got them automatically with my 2012 A7 as well.
Oh, he's mentioned the lack of email updates to them several times now. That's why they forwarded him the email about production delays.

Good luck tomorrow!
Old 04-28-2015, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by zeronezero1
Oh, he's mentioned the lack of email updates to them several times now. That's why they forwarded him the email about production delays.

Good luck tomorrow!
Thank you! PM-ed you my most recent AoA rep's contact info. Haven't had to use them much, but try pushing on them and see if they can do something. When I started getting more people involved last week, things started moving a lot faster all of a sudden.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you! PM-ed you my most recent AoA rep's contact info. Haven't had to use them much, but try pushing on them and see if they can do something. When I started getting more people involved last week, things started moving a lot faster all of a sudden.
Thanks for that! We'll contact him. It would be good to at least know where we stand so that we can make a decision: wait, or walk away.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I ordered pretty much everything but the Alcantara headliner and the B&O stereo and mine still showed almost on time (a week later than the original ETA), even after the ship breaking.

Heh, maybe I got the only black grille Audi made.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 04-29-2015 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Mine has the black optics package but I bought an inbound dealer-ordered car, not one I ordered. Germany is out of black paint perhaps??
Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Just got my S7

Just picked it up on Tuesday.
New air suspension and comfort seats are so much better that the ones that were in my 2014 A7 TDI
Now it only i could get the VAG-MOD codes for the new generation MMI
Old 05-03-2015, 02:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mcgruber
My dealer said the car is on a carrier and could come as early as Thursday. I guess they haven't learned yet how to under promise and over deliver.

Mcgruber, do you have your new car Yet.??????????
I sure hope so.

Quick Reply: Any deliveries on 2016 S6, S7 or RS7 ?????