S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Anybody else having Navigation issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody else having Navigation issues?

We've had our S7 since April and have had numerous issues with the Nav system. Within the first 1,200 miles it has already been to the dealership 3 times(today will be the 4th) due to an inability of the Nav to properly locate itself. It starts out fine, and then all of a sudden we're "off-roading" through a golf course, neighborhood, or mountain range. My wife relies on the system and has called me numerous times to get her out of a jamb. Imagine it's working fine and then it suddenly tells her to execute a quick right turn and it sends her the wrong way down a 1 way road! I've heard rumors of others having problems, and am wondering if anyone on this board has seen this issue.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What are they saying at the service department.

I'd think that after three tries, they'd be putting a new factory unit in
Old 07-31-2014, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

They are sending a factory engineer out next week to look it over. Supposedly there is an area under the dash that allows cold air to escape and it messes with the interface somehow. We were initially told to avoid running our A/C at full tilt and if the Nav goes down to pull over and shut the car off, turn the A/C off, and then restart the car. Not the advice that I wanted to hear on a $90k automobile. Hopefully the factory guy has a better solution.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have had zero issues and the only time I get off road is in a parking lot.

Their answer about this is unacceptable and my advice is to keep records of how many times in the shop and make sure it is listed as the same unresolved issue.

I love my S7 but had a BMW from hell and was given a new one but they did not do it because they were nice. They do not want to replace the entire unit due to cost and also to find out what is going on but then it is a one part at a time slow method of tracking down an issue. Your car is their lab test car in reality. Give them the car demand a nice loaner and tell them to fix it. If they do not or can not this time then time to ramp up the pressure in my opinion.

Come run the Air or Nav but not both. Ha.