S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Just Ordered 2016 S7

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 03:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Ordered 2016 S7

Just ordered 2016 S7. Got 6% off MSRP plus Audi Care.

Model Year: 2016
Model: 4GF5FY S7 4.0T quattro S tronic
Exterior Color: 0E0E MYTHOS BLACK METALLIC
Interior Color: SX BLACK
Options: 6NQ BLACK CLOTH HEADLINER
6W9 WITHOUT FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
ATT AUDI CONNECT - ATT
PCN DRIVER ASSIST PACKAGE
PPS BLACK OPTIC PACKAGE
PS8 SEATING PACKAGE
PSS SPORT PACKAGE

Cant wait to get it.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looks great. Are the PS8 package seats identical to those that come with the A8's premium package (i.e. 22 way power adjusting, ventilated, etc.)? I've been trying to get a straight answer on that but no luck so far. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pratfall
Looks great. Are the PS8 package seats identical to those that come with the A8's premium package (i.e. 22 way power adjusting, ventilated, etc.)? I've been trying to get a straight answer on that but no luck so far. Thanks!
Identical? Not quite, but I'm pretty sure the differences are just mildly aesthetic. I used an A8 to decide that I wanted the comfort seats in my 2016 S6.
Old 01-04-2015, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

From what I can decipher from the material I've seen...The Individual Contour Seating package seats are 18-way adjustable, similar to the standard A8 seats, not the A8 premium package 22-way Sports Comfort Seats. The key S7 differences from the 18-way A8 Comfort Seats are that the S7 contour seats appear to have "integrated head restraints" and have pneumatic side bolsters for the seat cushion and upper backrest areas, as well as upgraded Valcona leather---whereas the standard 18-way A8 Comfort Seats have the electronic upper-shoulder backrest tilt and headrest height adjustments, as well as the lesser Valetta leather---but no pneumatic upper/lower side bolsters. The 22-way A8 Premium Package Comfort Sport Seats have the addition of the pneumatically adjustable upper/lower side bolsters and the upgraded Valcona Leather.

From the Audi AG 2016 A7/S7 press kit:

"The optional customized contour sport seats feature 18-way adjustment with memory function. The backrests, side bolsters and lumbar support can be adjusted pneumatically. The massage function, a further option, allows the user to select from five different intensities in five different programs to have ten air chambers massage their back. The sport seats in the new Audi A7 Sportback have pronounced side sections, removable cushions and electric lumbar supports. The S sport seats provide even greater stability and have integrated head restraints."

Last edited by derfA8L; 01-04-2015 at 06:23 AM.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

The problem is that some places call them 18-way and others call them 22-way.

Edit: The A6 & A8 guides both say 22-way and use the same language. I still think they're the same seats, just slightly different aesthetics.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 01-04-2015 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
The problem is that some places call them 18-way and others call them 22-way.

Edit: The A6 & A8 guides both say 22-way and use the same language. I still think they're the same seats, just slightly different aesthetics.
I seriously doubt it. According to Audi AG they are 18-way seats with integrated head restraints on the S7...and only the A8 order guide specifies 22-way seats for Premium package with 18-way shown as standard; no mention of either 18 or 22-way in the 6/7 order guides---either 2015 or 2016 MY versions that I've seen. They will be very close to the A8 seats, but not the same.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
I seriously doubt it. According to Audi AG they are 18-way seats with integrated head restraints on the S7...and only the A8 order guide specifies 22-way seats for Premium package with 18-way shown as standard; no mention of either 18 or 22-way in the 6/7 order guides---either 2015 or 2016 MY versions that I've seen. They will be very close to the A8 seats, but not the same.
The AoA configurator says 22-way. Here's a picture for the 2015. The 18-way seats in the A8 do not include massage so I'm pretty sure they're the same basic seats, just with different stitch patterns in the upholstery.
Attached Thumbnails Just Ordered 2016 S7-capture.jpg  
Old 01-06-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
The AoA configurator says 22-way. Here's a picture for the 2015. The 18-way seats in the A8 do not include massage so I'm pretty sure they're the same basic seats, just with different stitch patterns in the upholstery.
After re-reading the press release and looking over the 2015 PIB (no 2016 version out yet), I think you ARE correct...

They're the 18-way seats that include a 4-way lumbar adjustment = 22 way.

My confusion was in how the press release was worded...mixing the Comfort Sport Seats and the standard Sport Seats that do have the integrated head restraints---assuming nothing changes in 2016.

I had the A8 Premium Package Comfort Seats (22-way) on my 2011 D4 and, while many folks on the D4 forum love them, I didn't think that they were that comfortable after an hour or more of driving---felt hard on my un-padded butt's pressure points too often. However, my 2015 D4 has the same seats, but with the diamond optic stitching which seems to have the affect of giving the seat bottoms a bit more cushioning---much more comfortable on my skinny butt. My wife concurs on this, so it wasn't just me.

Unfortunately, the diamond stitching isn't available on the S7 Comfort Sport Seats, so I'd only use an A8 that just has the Premium Package 22-way seats to make a comparison to the S7's Sport Comfort Seats, and be wary of using an A8 with the Luxury Package diamond stitch pattern seats. Anyway, that's my experience.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by derfA8L
After re-reading the press release and looking over the 2015 PIB (no 2016 version out yet), I think you ARE correct...

They're the 18-way seats that include a 4-way lumbar adjustment = 22 way.

My confusion was in how the press release was worded...mixing the Comfort Sport Seats and the standard Sport Seats that do have the integrated head restraints---assuming nothing changes in 2016.

I had the A8 Premium Package Comfort Seats (22-way) on my 2011 D4 and, while many folks on the D4 forum love them, I didn't think that they were that comfortable after an hour or more of driving---felt hard on my un-padded butt's pressure points too often. However, my 2015 D4 has the same seats, but with the diamond optic stitching which seems to have the affect of giving the seat bottoms a bit more cushioning---much more comfortable on my skinny butt. My wife concurs on this, so it wasn't just me.

Unfortunately, the diamond stitching isn't available on the S7 Comfort Sport Seats, so I'd only use an A8 that just has the Premium Package 22-way seats to make a comparison to the S7's Sport Comfort Seats, and be wary of using an A8 with the Luxury Package diamond stitch pattern seats. Anyway, that's my experience.
Yup, that's what I compared in the A8L, the non-diamond stitch seats. I liked them, but then again I'm driving a 9-year-old Infiniti G35x.

Quick Reply: Just Ordered 2016 S7