S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

With mixed emotions I will have a '16 S7 in a few weeks

Old 03-18-2016, 08:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default With mixed emotions I will have a '16 S7 in a few weeks

Sadly, my beloved 2014 panther black crystal RS5 was totaled last week in an automobile accident. I LOVED that car. Not finding another suitable RS5, I've decided to venture to the S7 which I'm to,d is equally fun to drive! So.... I'm looking forward to the fun! The new baby is Daytona gray and Arras Red interior which I'm excited to see!!
Old 03-18-2016, 10:00 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 515 Likes on 450 Posts

Sorry bout that... Truly stinks.
"I've decided to venture to the S7 which I'm told is equally fun to drive" did you not test drive it first?
While the S7/6 is a fine automobile in its own right it is not quite like the RS5...at least in the twisties anyway if that's important to you.

Last edited by gk1; 03-19-2016 at 06:30 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

I've just moved from a 2015 S5 to a 2016 S7. While the S7 is a bigger, heavier car it really doesn't drive like one. It handles very well and the engine is fantastic. The torque on demand of the twin turbo V8 is amazing! I think you will enjoy it.
Old 03-19-2016, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gk1
Sorry bout that... Truly stinks.
"I've decided to venture to the S7 which I'm told is equally fun to drive" did you not test drive it first?
While the S7/6 is a fine automobile in its own right it is not quite like the RS5...at least in the twisties anyway if that's important to you.
I laughed when I read your " didn't you test drive it first"? I'm so used to buying/ ordering audiz that are not available ( original s5 and my now dead rs5) that the thought never crossed my mind to test drive the S7!! I'm taking your advice and trying to find one; apparently there are none in my area but I found a2014 used one that I will drive, understanding that that was the 420 hp version but hopefully will be similar enough. I've driven the A7 and loved it .... Anyway I feel like a fool so thanks for the rec, I will definitely do that!! I will say my previous S5 Nd then RS5 which I had to order without even seeing the vehicle never dis sainted so is hoping this is the same!!! 😎
Old 03-19-2016, 04:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Test drive

Drove a '14 S7 today....wow! Amazing. I can only imagine how the extra 30 HP and a sports exhaust will feel and sound.... Now I'm getting excited!!!!
Old 03-19-2016, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Good luck to you...

I would miss my RS5 as well. There is a fellow we see up in the canyons who brings his RS7 - the bellowing beast along (he also has a stable of taught canyon specials). The car is such a brute to see it gobbling up these twisting roads. When he gets to the fast sweepers, he just lunges forward.

Below is my RS5 on a weekend adventure…

Happy Motoring

Eric
Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2016, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by eric strauss
I would miss my RS5 as well. There is a fellow we see up in the canyons who brings his RS7 - the bellowing beast along (he also has a stable of taught canyon specials). The car is such a brute to see it gobbling up these twisting roads. When he gets to the fast sweepers, he just lunges forward.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Love those wheels and tires!
I'm praying that the sports exhaust will give me the bellows and exhaust tones I've grown to love in the RS5!
Old 03-19-2016, 08:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey man sorry to hear this about your RS.Hope no one got hurt.

I am looking toward ordering S7 soon too. Family grew and we dont use the RS5 that often..actually very rarely.

I want to wait till MY 2017 start to show to see if there will be any new wheels/pkgs options.

Let me know once you get the S7 your first thoughts/impressions and how differs from the RS5. Oh and also some images too .
Old 03-20-2016, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Antoff, great to see you again friend! Yeah it sucked big time, major accident last week!
Any ways glad to see a familiar name is considering the same. The S7 I drove yesterday was amazing and wasn't even the the 450HP!

I'll keep you updated and will post pics. Car is coming from Cali so should be within two weeks I hope!
Old 03-20-2016, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eric strauss

Happy Motoring

Eric
Beautiful! What rims are those?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: With mixed emotions I will have a '16 S7 in a few weeks