S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

New S7 Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S7 Owner!

Hello,

I just wanted to introduce myself! My name is Redeer & i'm located in Nashville. Just upgraded from my fully built Nissan 350z to a beautiful 2013 Audi S7. Currently looking for performance parts if anyone has any used parts for sale. Also is the tune the Audi Dealership actually worth it? I'm gonna call monday morning asking about the specs and the pricing.
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2016, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Very nice! Congrats! What's its color? Looks like brown from the photo. Am I correct?
Old 04-17-2016, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratz on the new ride and welcome to the forum.

Engine tuning could void any remaining engine warranty. Do some reading about the various types.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

@plat27265 It's actually is brown. Dealer told me it cost $550 more for the color.

@Tenspeed Yeah i do not want to do that. Car only has 25,000 miles would like to keep the warranty as long as possible.
Old 04-17-2016, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by iamredeer
@plat27265 It's actually is brown. Dealer told me it cost $550 more for the color.
I believe the official Audi color name is "Dakota Grey Metallic".
Old 04-17-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
I believe the official Audi color name is "Dakota Grey Metallic".
I think it looks more like "Oolong Grey Metallic" based on the 2012 A7/S7 brochure. Dakota Grey Metallic looks closer to grey than brown.

Last edited by plat27265; 04-17-2016 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Update: Just got off the phone with Nashville Audi Dealership. They told me they will void my powertrain warranty if i do the upgrades. Even though they sell the products they dont back it up. According from Pete a sales rep.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Update: Just got off the phone with Nashville Audi Dealership. They told me they will void my powertrain warranty if i do the upgrades. Even though they sell the products they dont back it up. According from Pete a sales rep.
Curious what tune are they referring to?
Old 04-18-2016, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are we, the consumers, the one's spending almost $100,000 on Audis, putting up with illegal behavior from our dealerships? We all know, or should know. that a dealer absolutely unequivocally CANNOT void a warranty for after market parts or tuning. I know this is discussed in multiple variations, but it seems dealers have us all intimidated (me as well, as I am paranoid at this as well); I only wish there was a way for us to speak in a common voice and let dealers know that we are NOT going to be taken advantage of.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act: The saving grace for consumers is the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. The act states that a dealer must prove that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage.

However, if the reason for a parts failure is unclear, a dealer will usually charge you to diagnose the vehicle. If the aftermarket part was not properly installed or a modification led to a component failure, it is within the dealer's right to void the warranty for that part, and you will have to pay for the repairs out of pocket. If the aftermarket parts had nothing to do with the repairs in question, you will be refunded the fee for the diagnosis.

What can be done about this? NOTHING, just thought I would rant
Old 04-27-2016, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got one of these bad boy's in white. Haven't driven it much nor have I really got into it. I've found just the instant torque available to be intoxicating. So, not close to modding considerations as the OP is. I'll let the engine break in, get some radar so I don't do something stupid when I shouldn't have otherwise. I'm loving and amazed by this S7 thus far. Hope to add true added value posts in the future and apologies if someone finds adding to this titled new owner thread inappropriate.

Quick Reply: New S7 Owner!