S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 and music volume

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 04:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S7 and music volume

I just got my new S7 last week, and I've noticed something odd.

Occasionally when starting the car, the volume for the radio is all the way down to 0, even though it was normal volume when I had previously turned the car off.

It doesn't do this every time, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by acole
I just got my new S7 last week, and I've noticed something odd.

Occasionally when starting the car, the volume for the radio is all the way down to 0, even though it was normal volume when I had previously turned the car off.

It doesn't do this every time, so I'm not sure what's causing it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks.
Yes, I have a '16 S7 also, and this drives me crazy.

Often it will default to mute when parking assist is on, seemingly because "car systems" are still initializing if you just started the car and started to back up.

Very often your setting will be erased and set back to mute forever.

If you set it and stop the car, then restart only a minute later many times it will reset it to zero again.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was thinking it was part of their finger rotation exercise (**** turn) included with their overall hand exercise program. Happened to me several times as well without explanation.

This one I'm willing to let go though. I'd rather find a remedy for having the nav screen pop up every time I do something simple like change from radio to media.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

Just one of the software "bugs" that I have found with this car. I have set the stereo volume to not turn down when the backup camera comes on, however, it randomly resets itself to turn the volume all the way down.

My other favorite is the traffic program. If you do not have a route active, it lists the traffic in order of route number. This means that the traffic listed first could be hundreds of miles away. The traffic nearest to you could be as far down the list as 20-25 items. Obviously the software engineer that programmed this never actually used it!
Old 05-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What a great car though. Amazed about what we do complain about. I think I need to learn a bit more to gripe. Noticed today when I hit the touchpad the radio changed without the NAV going up. My goal was to master one item at a time. I have work to do.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19hole
Just one of the software "bugs" that I have found with this car.

My other favorite is the traffic program. If you do not have a route active, it lists the traffic in order of route number. This means that the traffic listed first could be hundreds of miles away. The traffic nearest to you could be as far down the list as 20-25 items. Obviously the software engineer that programmed this never actually used it!
Yes...the way MMI sort the traffic info by route# is useless.

I remember my 2009 S5 always sort the info according to nearest to your location. Don't know why the 2016's sort according to Route #.

It would be nice to have a "Sort Option" in the Navigation Setting for Traffic Info.