S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

To S7 Owners, Do you feel like you need an RS7 ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't NEED the rs7, but would love to own a rs7! it's like asking if i'd like the m3 over the 335, or better yet a cls63 over a cls550. yes, the s7's power can definitely be manipulated via chip and other mods (to make it have put out just as much power as the rs7), but everything about the rs7 is absolutely wicked. the s7 is an awesome car, the best i've ever owned, but rs7 certainly takes the cake.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

While it would be nice to own the RS7, it is not something I really desired. The S7 is a decent handling (as compared to a sports car), fast, 4 door sedan. It fits a niche very nicely, and the RS7 adds marginal increases in speed, and handling. I think if I went up, it would be the Panamera Turbo, or GTS. If I went upscale, I would want to focus more on the handling side of the equation, and the Porsche wins. I certainly would be very happy to own an RS7, but I never felt I was going to loose out by going with the S7.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Older thread, but Ill give my thoughts. I feel like the S6/S7 is the best bang for your buck option out there. The RS7, while badass, is in a class with some serious competition at 120-130k. Nothing even touches the s7 at its pricepoint. If I was going to spend 130, id have to consider a CL63, maserati, aston, panamera gts or turbo... You get the point. The comparably priced panamera to what I paid for my soon to arrive s7 it would have a v6 and zero options...no thanks.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just drove both yesterday - I love the RS7 for fun but for an everyday driver I would turn it back in in about 2-4 months for my type of driving. The power is awesome but just too much car for what I need. Love the rear exhaust and carbon optic package - I had an RS7 reserved and ordered for me and I made to decision to turn it loose yesterday. In process of building and S7 now
Old 05-12-2014, 03:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just returned from DC to Chicago and back in my S7

Spotted an RS7 in the Chicago burbs and just admit it turned my head. But I can't imagine needing or even want more power/speed, I get in plenty of trouble and have plenty of visceral thrills in the S7. And being 64, the slightly subdued look works better for me, this is one quick gorgeous car, my favorite in almost half century of driving (except for my first car - a clutch-slipping battered and bent 850cc '65 mini). This beast ate up the 700 mile drive & back just fine thanks. What a great way to spend 10 hours.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vortexx
I wanted an RS7, partly for the performance, partly for the aesthetic, but I didn't feel like waiting to get exactly what I wanted - Panther black, w/carbon optic, and most of the other upgrades. Also wanted comfort seats, in an AUDI Exclusive color combo. However, I don't want 21" wheels - would rather have some high performance 20's and I don't particularly like the 20s that come on the RS7. I actually like the black optic 20s that come on the S7 better.

I have already ordered an RS7 for MY15, euro delivery. In the meantime, I am really enjoying my S7. My only concern is whether I will like the 8sp auto transmission as much as the 7sp DSG in the S7. I have not driven an RS7 to compare.
You'll love the 8 sp. I was looking at the m6 but the clunk going into gear at soft start was a put off.

I test drove the RS7 specifically to check out the transmissions behavior and was very pleased. Docile from a start when cruising and snap shifting with throttle.particularly love the "s" setting once I figured out how to engage it.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The RS7 is no doubt a super nice car but I figure if I do an APR ECU flash I am most of the way there on the engine side. The S7 is really a nice car and in the real world I am not sure I would change anything or need anything more
Old 07-16-2014, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Although it would be nice to have the exclusivity and performance of an RS7, the price difference is too drastic from the S7 for me to justify. The performance numbers aren't too far off and my S7 has more than I already need for everyday use. With that said, I'll probably be getting a APR tune soon. lol
Old 07-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by liquidsystm
Although it would be nice to have the exclusivity and performance of an RS7, the price difference is too drastic from the S7 for me to justify. The performance numbers aren't too far off and my S7 has more than I already need for everyday use. With that said, I'll probably be getting a APR tune soon. lol
I was just talking to my tuner about the APR tune plus a winter wheel/tire set up. No real world reason for it other than the Valet function is really nice but for $1600-$1700 all in it is hard to resist. If for no other reason than when someone asks what it will do I do not have to say that she will do 140 or what ever it is limited to.

From any logical point of view the S7 is plenty
Old 07-16-2014, 01:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Going to a 034 meet next week, and they got the APR sale going on with no labor/install charge. Might just pull the trigger to get rid of that turbo lag, which should put me in RS7 territory. Kinda want exhaust first though.

Quick Reply: To S7 Owners, Do you feel like you need an RS7 ?