S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 06:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked with a dealer and I got them to give me the 6% with ACNA, went to another dealer and talked with them and I mentiond that so far I got 6% and if they will beat the deal, I will buy from them and the general manager offered me 6 1/2% I told him make it 7% and you got a deal and he said yes, but I had to pay $900 for Audi care, but I also got them to give me Xpeel ultimate for the dealer cost. I think I got a good deal but I visited four dealers till I got the best deal. ps hope this helps
Old 12-28-2014, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If that was on a car on the lot it's a pretty good price (on Black Friday one dealer in my area was doing 6% + $1000). If that was a factory order it was outstanding.

EDIT: Wait, did that include the loyalty bonus? If so, that takes it down a notch.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I test drove an A7 with comfort seats and the airflow was notably audible and annoying to me. Driving in a northern climate, I only really need the heat and loved the look and feel of sport seats - they were what I was used to in the S5 so it was an easy call (and less $$). People in Florida: YMMV.

Drivers Assist package - without researching what's in this package I can tell you what I use and what I forget I even have:

1. Adaptive cruise - I use daily in stop/go traffic - its a godsend.
2. Heads up - I use (although for some reason, the car resets the heads up to MPH only all the time and I have to re-add Nav and Cruise content)
3. Lane Assist - I will use this on long highway drives just in case
4. Night Vision - I forget to turn this on - and it has to be a foggy night driving around the city that I see conditions that remind me to turn it on. The pedestrian warning should be on all the time (maybe it is, and I've never come close to hitting one) but I think you have to turn on night vision to have it active, and since I hardly ever turn it on, it isn't that useful - Someone enlighten me if I'm missing something here?

(am I forgetting anything else in the package?)

Don't know about the sport package - mine had the sport diff as standard.

I used the Audi club membership (which I've been for several years) and got some off the dealer including Audi care thrown in. I think a lot has to do with your dealer. I've bought 3 cars and done all my service there, so I know everyone there, and maybe that helps, but I think you are on the right track.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone order option code PEY, Arras Red Design Selection?

Audi design selection arras red > Audi Sverige

Looks interesting...
Old 01-01-2015, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rs4fun2008
Anyone order option code PEY, Arras Red Design Selection?

Audi design selection arras red > Audi Sverige

Looks interesting...
Yes just ordered it on my s7:

Galleries - Fourtitude.com
Old 01-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1) I love my comfort seats. I do prefer the look of the standard seats with the diamond stitching, but I love the ventilated seats in summer (despite the noticeable noise pointed out above). The massage feature also made my wife think "wasting" $90k on a car wasn't such a bad idea after all. I also VAGCOMed the seats so the massage stays on longer before shutting down. It is a little thing, but the way the headrests adjust is great, too. Up / down and forward / backward (all manually), and you can really put them in a comfortable and safe position.

2) I'd suggest getting it. I like the adaptive cruise control on road trips ... really nice feature that I didn't think I'd use, but it's great. The system also gives you the active pre-sense, which saved me once. Someone cut me off and slammed on their brakes, and my car chimed and started braking as I was moving my foot over. Pretty damn cool. I have not found it to be at all intrusive. It has never activated the brakes inappropriately, and it brings up a red icon when the closing speed is getting dangerous before braking ... usually if that icon comes up, I am already moving to brake, and I've only seen it a few times in 12k miles. I got the night vision ... and not sure I would buy it again. $2500, has to be turned on, only works if weather is cool enough (e.g., below 78 degF or so to get 20 degF delta vs. body temp), and only highlights pedestrians. I was hoping it would help highlight deer ... you can see them on the screen but they don't get yellow/red boxed, which initiates the warning in the HUD. So, not really useful unless you want to start at the dash.

Last edited by bjterp00; 01-01-2015 at 05:30 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 01-02-2015, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by bjterp00
...I was hoping it would help highlight deer ... you can see them on the screen but they don't get yellow/red boxed, which initiates the warning in the HUD. So, not really useful unless you want to start at the dash.
Re: night vision deer detection---it's now available beginning in 2015 MY on the A8 for both instrument screen and HUD. So I suspect now available also on A7/S7/RS7.

Last edited by derfA8L; 01-02-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

I read somewhere that the night vision system was "greatly enhanced" for 2016.
I had it in a 2012 A7 and still found it useful overall, even for city driving, as in NYC pedestrians roam the streets and on rainy nights it was nice to have.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Would be great if they could upgrade the brains of the night vision system in the 2015's. Seems unlikely they would offer something like that, but I suspect it is not a hardware upgrade as much as a software improvement. The "camera" can see such things, just doesn't know how to interpret them.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 S7 Pricing and general pricing

I keep seeing that most people on here and other forums are getting the 6% off MSRP, and sometimes getting Audi Care thrown in. According to research I have done, it appears that the actual invoice for most Audis is actually about 9 to 9.5% below MSRP. Has anyone come across ordering the new S6, or getting an older S6 under a lease program where they have been able to get more than 6%, I have seen 7% once, but anyone try to go down to 8% off or more? Just curous how much a dealer would be willing to work on that. I am not sure what kind of hold backs or incentives they may have, does the dealer make decent money on the Audi care?

Quick Reply: S7 Recommendations