S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

S7 ride quality

Old 04-03-2015, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S7 ride quality

Hi guys, Im new to this forum and planning on purchasing a 2016 s7. My only concern is the ride comfort (I have lower back problems and can't drive a car with a harsh ride). Ive searched and read reviews but would like some first hand testimonies. What do you guys think of the ride comfort? Im coming from a 2013 q5 3.0T. I test drove the s7 but did not really get a feel for it as the roads were smooth.

I know they say the rims make the ride harsh, has anyone changed out the tires and received better results? Does utilizing the lift option make the ride more comfortable?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by diesel28
Hi guys, Im new to this forum and planning on purchasing a 2016 s7. My only concern is the ride comfort (I have lower back problems and can't drive a car with a harsh ride). Ive searched and read reviews but would like some first hand testimonies. What do you guys think of the ride comfort? Im coming from a 2013 q5 3.0T. I test drove the s7 but did not really get a feel for it as the roads were smooth.

I know they say the rims make the ride harsh, has anyone changed out the tires and received better results? Does utilizing the lift option make the ride more comfortable?

Thanks in advance.
I just came off a 2012 A7 with 20" wheels & Sports Suspension. The ride was harsh on that car. Now with the S7's Adaptive Air Suspension, believe me, the ride comfort is day and night. Set the Audi Drive Select mode to either COMFORT or use the INDIVIDUAL mode, scroll down to Air Suspension and select Auto or Comfort. Super comfy ride!
Old 04-04-2015, 03:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If you get the car with 19" wheels it will be super smooth. With 20" it gets a bit sportier but in Comfort mode the ride is still smoother than my old 2006 Infiniti G35x or my wife's 2015 BMW X3. If you've got a bad back I'd avoid 20" & Dynamic mode.
Old 04-04-2015, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also, get the comfort seats.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Parkles
Also, get the comfort seats.
Oh, yea, that too. They're awesome.

EDIT: Also, get the stock summer rubber swapped for All-Season tires. They tend to focus a bit more on ride comfort.

Last edited by jasonlitka; 04-04-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a 2011 Q5 3.2, and now drive a 2015 S7. I think the S7 ride is more comfortable in auto mode than my Q5's ride. I don't use comfort mode much at all, but it rides great. The air suspension is pretty awesome. Even on rough roads, it is still a great ride. I also highly recommend the comfort seats. The ventilation is great in the summer, and once adjusted, they are perfect for long rides. The massage feature is great too, with the added bonus that my wife thought spending $90k on a car was a waste until she realized she could get a back massage on every drive!

EDIT: In winter, I use 19's and the ride is a bit more comfortable than my 20's from the Black Optic package, but not that much different.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agree with what's been said here, not an overly harsh ride in my 2013 S7, coming from a 2009 Jeep SRT8. Negligible difference between the 19's and 20's. Comfort mode and the comfort seats are a dream.
Old 04-21-2015, 02:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by sumo2003
Agree with what's been said here, not an overly harsh ride in my 2013 S7, coming from a 2009 Jeep SRT8. Negligible difference between the 19's and 20's. Comfort mode and the comfort seats are a dream.
I have a 2016 S7 with 20" wheels and Sport Seats. The high sides on the seats, lumbar adjustments and with heat on the seats, its great on the back. Rides great especially in confort mode.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mr Screaming Eagle:
So my car is due to hit my local dealer in about 2 weeks. Anything I should be aware of or have the dealer do prior to me taking possession of the car? Any immediate modifications you feel I should consider?
Old 04-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mcgruber
Mr Screaming Eagle:
So my car is due to hit my local dealer in about 2 weeks. Anything I should be aware of or have the dealer do prior to me taking possession of the car? Any immediate modifications you feel I should consider?

Mcgruber am glad your car is finally about here, I know its been a long wait.
I've have 500 miles now and just love the car. I rushed the dealer and they didn't put my wheel lock on, have to take it back for that. Had windows tinted, clear bar installed, mirror mounted radar detector, what I've learned from this site ordered 034 transmissiion mount adaptor and Disc Italia Ceramic brakes.
Had my car detailed last Thursday and now my wheels are black with brake dust. That's the only complaint with my new car. Drives great, smooth ride and great power for a new car. Fun to drive. Let me know when yours gets here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S7 ride quality