S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Service Question: Car towed to another unrelated dealer for repairs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 04:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Question: Car towed to another unrelated dealer for repairs?

Not sure if there is a better forum for this question so here goes.. As I wrote in another thread, I took my S7 into the dealer (call them dealer A) when my low engine coolant light came on. Within an hour, the dealer told me that there was a leak, another dealer (call them dealer X) attempted to fix it and apparently didn't (both dealer A and X are within 20 min of where I live). Give them a day and they would fix it. Next day I get a call from dealer A saying dealer X hasn't gotten back to them about paying for the repairs (why do I care about this??) and that they hope its only another day or two. Thursday I get another call from dealer A saying that dealer X hasn't yet decided how to pay for the repairs but don't worry, they are going to go ahead and make the repairs and figure it out later. It should be ready on Friday. I call on Friday and the service person said it looks like its ready as its out on the lot. I show up only to find out that it hasn't even been looked at yet. Dealer A is waiting for Dealer X to send a mechanic to fix it? WTF. After having an A4 all week, they hooked me up with an A8L for the weekend as it should be ready on Monday.

Monday I get a call from dealer X saying they have the car and are going to make repairs, but they also need to replace the turbo and it will take a few days for the part to arrive. WTF? Why was my car towed to another unrelated dealer without even asking me?

As a little more backstory, I bought the car CPO from dealer Y who is 1:30 away from me. I have 3 dealerships within 20 min of me (including dealer X) but I randomly picked dealer A. I didn't know dealer Y (where I bought the car) and dealer X (where my car was towed to) are owned by the same company. Is it normal for you to take your car to one dealership only to have them tow it to an unrelated dealer for repairs? And why would I want the same dealership attempting the fix again when they clearly didn't do it right the first time? Any thoughts on what I should do?
Old 10-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, as an update.. My car is still not fixed. Hopefully tomorrow. Dealer X still has the car and the service manager told me that the original dealer I took the car to didn't want to touch it as they were attempting to fix a repair that another dealer tried making. And apparently when dealer X first tried fixing the leaky coolant pipe, they screwed into the turbo and cracked it. Oh well.. The A8L has been nice to drive around this week but the 3.0 feels pedestrian compared to a 4.0...