Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ordering Timeline - Factory/Production/Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Your order was frozen to changes on 4/29, so they can't change the configuration.

Model
4MB5A1 - Q7 3.0T quattro Tiptronic
Exterior
C7C7 - Ink Blue metallic
Interior
VB - Nougat Brown
Required Options
Factory Options
1D6 - Towing package, 1S1 - Vehicle jack, 6NQ - Black cloth headliner, 6W9 - DELETE Front License Plate Holder, 9VS - Branded Sound System - See Order Guide for details, PBE - Vision package, PWZ - Warm Weather package, SPC - Seven Pin Connector for Towing Hitch, WPS - Premium Plus package
Port Installed Accessories
ACG - Audi Connect Guide, LMA - USB Cables
Talked to my dealer this morning and found out that they made a mistake in the order submission and didn't change my interior to Rock Gray and Gray Oak trim as requested. So I guess I will be getting a car with Nougat Brown and Terra Brown trim. They kept telling me they didn't remember the conversation discussing the change until I provided the actual documentation from the day that paid the deposit.

They offered to resubmit the order, but told me if they did that they would no longer offer the 6% supplier discount, since they are extending it as a courtesy. I guess $4000 discount is a good offer for the error. Should have followed up a month ago, when the order was entered to get the actual documentation. Bonus, the car is expected to be delivered end of June instead of August, so that is a good thing...

Anyone have an Ink Blue with Ventilated Nougat, most I have seen on here are Cedar Brown Valcona? Looking forward to delivery. I guess brown is probably better with the kid, dark carpets too. Gray was going to be a challenge to keep clean.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's really poor of the dealership.
If anyone was on the i75 south of Sarasota yesterday at 3.30 in a black q7 mk2, you were looking good. Can't wait till I get home and pick up mine in just under 3 weeks.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adamvincent617
Talked to my dealer this morning and found out that they made a mistake in the order submission and didn't change my interior to Rock Gray and Gray Oak trim as requested. So I guess I will be getting a car with Nougat Brown and Terra Brown trim. They kept telling me they didn't remember the conversation discussing the change until I provided the actual documentation from the day that paid the deposit.

They offered to resubmit the order, but told me if they did that they would no longer offer the 6% supplier discount, since they are extending it as a courtesy. I guess $4000 discount is a good offer for the error. Should have followed up a month ago, when the order was entered to get the actual documentation. Bonus, the car is expected to be delivered end of June instead of August, so that is a good thing...

Anyone have an Ink Blue with Ventilated Nougat, most I have seen on here are Cedar Brown Valcona? Looking forward to delivery. I guess brown is probably better with the kid, dark carpets too. Gray was going to be a challenge to keep clean.
when we were 1st looking at these, i saw an INK BLUE w/ Nougat interior and it looked extremely nice. If i would of gotten a blue one, i would have picked the same interior.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
when we were 1st looking at these, i saw an INK BLUE w/ Nougat interior and it looked extremely nice. If i would of gotten a blue one, i would have picked the same interior.
Thanks for the positive thoughts... I think it is actually the right choice. I liked the grey seats, but wasn't a fan of the grey carpet. Only wish they offered dark carpet with light seats, like in Europe. Felt the brown/standard trim was more classy and elegant, where the grey was more sporty with the black headliner (and unique).

We will work with it and dream about a SQ7 in the future...
Old 05-06-2016, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Two questions:

(1) Any idea how far in advance from build week an order is locked from changes?

(2) My dealer is telling me that new orders with the tow hitch option are delaying delivery until November, anyone else hear this?
Old 05-06-2016, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcook
Two questions:

(1) Any idea how far in advance from build week an order is locked from changes?

(2) My dealer is telling me that new orders with the tow hitch option are delaying delivery until November, anyone else hear this?
At least based on my current Q7 order and past Audi orders, the build has been locked to changes around 3-4 weeks before the assigned build week. Example my build week was 18 (this week) and production was completed on 5/5/16, and it was frozen to changes on 4/7/16.

I have not heard anything about tow hitch option delays, but I'm not surprised. My dealer always updates me on almost everything and the last delays I heard of from my dealer was only for Tofana white crystal paint and the Black optics option. Perhaps the tow hitch option is a new delay. My '14 SQ5 was delayed so much from parts shortage on the tow hitch that they actually removed the tow hitch option on my build and it was delivered to the dealer without the tow hitch without any notification. The tow hitch on the 4M Q7 is showing as factory installed rather than port-installed so I suspect any real delays on the tow hitch would reflect on a change on your assigned build week?
Old 05-06-2016, 01:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by larryV
I have not heard anything about tow hitch option delays, but I'm not surprised. My dealer always updates me on almost everything and the last delays I heard of from my dealer was only for Tofana white crystal paint and the Black optics option. Perhaps the tow hitch option is a new delay. My '14 SQ5 was delayed so much from parts shortage on the tow hitch that they actually removed the tow hitch option on my build and it was delivered to the dealer without the tow hitch without any notification. The tow hitch on the 4M Q7 is showing as factory installed rather than port-installed so I suspect any real delays on the tow hitch would reflect on a change on your assigned build week?
Thanks.

I was actually trying to add the tow hitch to my order, but between the order being locked (May 23 build week) and the delay should I have decided to put in a new order, I guess I will look into an aftermarket hitch.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks.

I was actually trying to add the tow hitch to my order, but between the order being locked (May 23 build week) and the delay should I have decided to put in a new order, I guess I will look into an aftermarket hitch.
Worth waiting sometime for factory installed tow hitch. Q7 2017 being new there is not much aftermarket option available, I am afraid if rear bumper needs to be altered for after market tow hitch.

I am going thru the same situation. Ordered on Feb 1st with a delivery date Apr end, by Mar end (when the vehicle is already on ship) I realized I should get a factory installed tow hitch. So re-ordered in Apr 1st week with a delivery date Jun end. I felt this extra 2 month worth waiting
Old 05-06-2016, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks.

Just have the dealer install the oem hitch for you. When my SQ5 showed up a few years ago without the hitch that I ordered it with, I just had them order the oem parts. Parts should be no more than $700-800, and install labor will bring you just under $1k if not over. In my case they installed it without labor costs since it was a SNAFU by Audi.

Though an aftermarket hitch may cost less, there are some good reasons to go with the oem hitch...

1) the 7600 lb tow capacity and 760 lb tongue weight rating only applies for the oem hitch, because they are typically better built and designed.
2) oem hitch will often integrate with the bumper cutout better, from an esthetic perspective
3) I believe Audi actually has a stability program that mitigates trailer sway that is detected when you have a connection to the oem hitch... not sure if this is via the 7-pin connection or the physical hitch connection or not, but I know the previous generation Q7 had this.

Last edited by larryV; 05-06-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

2017 Q7 Two hitch accessory is 1050 USD. With labor may go up to 1500 as against factory installed 550.
However my concern is bumper cutting. I saw a no hitch bumper and there is no cutting. So not sure when dealer installs they will cut the bumper of their own or replace the bumper with a cutting from factory.

Quick Reply: Ordering Timeline - Factory/Production/Delivery