Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Ziza Platinum Fog Lights are Perfect...

Old 11-28-2014, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ziza Platinum Fog Lights are Perfect...

Just a quick not to verify that the Ziza Platinum Fog lights are a dead-on match to the factory headlight on the 2015 SQ5.

Audi SQ5 3.0T Lighting Fog Lights - ZZH11BSPLWA - H11 Platinum White Bulb - Pair - ES#11133

When I was looking at replacement lights for the warm-white OEM bulbs, I was looking at the Hoen XenonMatch, the Ziza (available in Platinum and Super White), and some others. I just wasn't sure which was best. And pictures that people post often don't "really" show what you're getting with lighting.
So...although many already know this, for someone like me just wanting verification:
I cannot comment as to longevity, quality of build, etc...otherwise,
Yes...the Ziza PLATINUM match the OEM headlight perfectly.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, that's what I've got and it match the head light in term of brightness and whiteness. Perfect match for me.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

How difficult are these to change?
Old 12-04-2014, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 182 Driver
How difficult are these to change?
VERY, VERY, VERY easy!
You simply grab hold of the plastic grill over the fog light area and yank it. This is the hardest part, because you're going to be afraid of breaking it. I read numerous threads about this, as well as looking at the Audi instructions...and it's really all there is to it. Just take a firm hold and pull hard. Make sure you are steady, because you'll topple over backward if you're not...that's how hard you'll pull. I put most pressure on the side that is closest to the center of the vehicle, because it's easier to hold on, and it's a bigger area to grab.
NOW...after you get it off, you'll see there's a couple torx screws holding the driving light in place, remove those and it come out in your hand. Twist the bulb out of the back of the fixture, replace with the new, screw the torx back in and snap the grills back on (and they are a heck of alot easier to snap back on than they were to take off).
Of course doing this in a heated garage and not in the driveway on a 5 degree day would be most recommended since you're working with plastic parts.
Truly, that's all you have to do. And again...as I had a hard time believing this myself...you have to really pull those grills hard.
Old 12-06-2014, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default replaced

I ordered a set ( after i read the original post) and replaced yesterday, very nice look and easy to change .... using the pull back fender well cover method.

This is an easy mod that changes the way the car look.... !
Old 12-06-2014, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by pedser
I ordered a set ( after i read the original post) and replaced yesterday, very nice look and easy to change .... using the pull back fender well cover method.

This is an easy mod that changes the way the car look.... !
You must not have an SQ...unfortunately the fender method isn't an option on the SQ because of hardware in the way under the fender cover :-(
Old 12-06-2014, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love mine. Great match to the drl's
Old 12-06-2014, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Will they work on a 2015 Q5 as well?? Same pull/yank procedure?
Old 12-06-2014, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Barraged
Will they work on a 2015 Q5 as well?? Same pull/yank procedure?
Yes they will, and same pull and yank.
On the Q5, some people will go in through the fenders...you can take a few screws loose on the fender cover and access it from the rear (just twist the bulb and change). The SQ5 doesn't have this option as there is hardware in the way. Many Q5 folks use the fender method because of being afraid of yanking the trim. I'm assuming it would take a little longer having to fuss with turning the steer wheel and working in the close quarters...but either way works.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks... Think I'll try the "yank" method first... If I every get my car, due 12/22, then off to the detail shop for Opti coat, Xpel, window tint...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ziza Platinum Fog Lights are Perfect...