Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A3 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

Anyone use this Android screen replacement in their A3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone use this Android screen replacement in their A3?

Very interested in buying this and adding as it puts a full android 4.2.2. "phone" in your car.

Noticia | VAG-Navisystems

Its a little more than I would want to spend, but the integration is exactly what I want and would allow me to not have to worry about my car not being compatible with the upcoming Android Auto.

Anyone have this or have thoughts on this?

Old 12-05-2014, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I kind of like not have finger print smudges on my NAV screen. Not to mention it's a longer reach to the screen than the MMI ****. And I have an Android Phone, I don't want Android in my car. If we let them we will have Android and Apple everything.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I saw you post this on the other forum, but I was too lazy to sign up as a member over there tonight. The install and price are a little bit more intense than ideal, but still really intriguing at the same time.

Am I correct in thinking that this is a standalone android 'system' that does not actually integrate with our phone except for piggy-backing off its data hotspot? I'm mostly curious about music and phone integration simultaneously between the two interfaces. Like if you were using the Android App and then you received a call, would it still switch over to be answered through the MMI system? And if you could listen to the MMI Media's music (my phone's stored music via bluetooth) while using the Android app? I would assume so. A lot of usage questions keep arising, but overall this looks like a fantastic upgrade.. especially if they do in fact update the android versions.

Also does it have any language options to have English instead of Spanish?
Old 12-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Last week they added English installation videos on their Youtube page

Installation video:

Monitor Disassembly:
Old 12-05-2014, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is what MMI should absolutely be… what the $3k gets us in an Audi is 15 years behind what we can get at fry's, hell, even Best Buy. Ugh… why do they cling to their own tech… where is android and carPlay… I know its coming but DAMN.

Venting over… thanks for 'listening'.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Talked to the company and they sell just the screen and the components. So you use your existing car's MMI mechanism. Its pretty pricey considering, but it allows you to have a standalone android operating system in place of the car's existing navigation or if you don't have it installed. I'm pretty sure I will purchase this, just need to ask a few more questions from the company - if the screen if touch capacitive or if that stylus is required for input.

One other thing I was thinking about was since I don't have the touchpad rotary ****, I can replace mine with it, somehow, and hopefully, make it act like a mouse and that would be my input for the android OS, eliminating the need to touch the screen. Another option would be to "tap three times" to enable android voice search, which then you could control just by voice "play artist sia"; "open spotify"; "remind me to email xyz company when at work"; "navigate to the nearest gas station"...
Old 12-06-2014, 12:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see the point of an integrated Android tablet. Just carry your tablet or smartphone if you want to be to use Android apps in your car. The A3 already provides 4G LTE Wifi.
Old 12-06-2014, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
I don't see the point of an integrated Android tablet. Just carry your tablet or smartphone if you want to be to use Android apps in your car. The A3 already provides 4G LTE Wifi.
+10000
Old 12-06-2014, 11:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gamegenie
There is an coolness and ease of use factor with controlling it with the MMI controls., I totally get it.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

So not all cars come with the mmi with 4g. The premium base car doesn't even have the option. Just mmi radio or mmi with navigation minus 4g. So that's a big market of people worldwide without the option.

And also I didn't get the upgraded version because I don't like integrated navigation in cars as you can't update as frequently and car manufacturers are incredibly slow at updates if they decide to release.

So that's why this is a great option for me and also allows a full and more capable os in the car. I do use my phablet now I the car but it's still not ideal.

Google Maps, waze, gas station location, weather, better voice recognition, all streaming audio solutions, obd diagnostics tools, my calendar to know my schedule that day, etc as just the start of the amount of apps I could have available.

Quick Reply: Anyone use this Android screen replacement in their A3?