A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Thanks! Things I learned here about my car

Old 10-17-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks! Things I learned here about my car

Just a quick thanks to everyone here. I've learned so much about my care here that I would never have figured out on my own. Namely:

1. Opening the trunk with my foot. How cool is that? If you don't know, you can walk up with your key in your pocket to about 1 foot away and kick directly forward under the bumper, and the trunk will open for you. This is awesome when your hands are full.

2. The mirrors will tilt down when backing up. Put the mirror control in the "passenger mirror" position and leave it there. My Lexus has this, and I am happy to find it in the Audi.

3. With the "Coding tweaks" you can get speed limits and lane-keeping assistance without a Prestige model. I haven't tried it yet, but I will. So cool!

4. If you don't need a front license plate, Audi sells a $30 part that will replace it with a small piece of plastic that looks much better.

I am still learning, but this is a great resource. Thanks everyone!
Old 10-17-2016, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since A4 and Q7 are built on the same platform I think they would share a number of "hidden gems" together that we're not too aware of....

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...-list-2904337/
Old 10-17-2016, 11:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for #2, I was looking for that in the settings for a long time.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Yes, this forum has been a great learning tool for me as well. I also learned about opening the trunk with my foot (my salesman didn't know this so I demonstrated it for him), and I learned that I don't have to put the shifter in Park when I turn off the car. It reverts to Park automatically. I learned that I could turn off all the waypoints on the nav system and it only shows the actual exits I need to take. I figured that one out myself as the result of someone else's question! All-in-all, the car's systems are intuitive, but sometimes you don't even know they are there until you read about it here. This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable owners who are willing to share!
Old 10-19-2016, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I read somewhere that the USB ports are "hot" all the time. Meaning I can charge USB devices even when the car is off, is this true? If so how would this effect the battery? Also does the USB's put out enough amps to charge an iPad?
Old 10-19-2016, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Strife1013
I read somewhere that the USB ports are "hot" all the time. Meaning I can charge USB devices even when the car is off, is this true? If so how would this effect the battery? Also does the USB's put out enough amps to charge an iPad?
I'm pretty sure it's just an average 1.0 amp. I haven't seen anything on it but the way it charges isn't very quick. Not as quick as my USB ports at home that are 2.1.
Old 10-19-2016, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

They can't even put in 2.1 AMP USB's? ugh.....
Old 10-19-2016, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

They can't even put in 2.1 AMP USB's? ugh.....
But to be fair I don't know any car that does.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
But to be fair I don't know any car that does.
Ahh good to know, I don't know too many things about other cars.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I verified that it's on when the car is not running.

It would not affect the battery really. you could probably charge for months before it caused any issues. Most iPhone chargers are 5 volts and 1.0 amp (up to 2.1 amps for an iPad). Car batteries are 12-14v and 200-1000 amps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thanks! Things I learned here about my car