Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Support request for anyone with VCDS and Comfort seats?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2016, 05:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Support request for anyone with VCDS and Comfort seats?

Hi,

I'm trying to retrofit Comfort seats to my A6. All the wiring is now done; seat can be moved and tilted and I can connect to comfort seat module. However, I'm not able to adjust the comfort settings by blind, nor does the adjustment pop-up to MMI screen. Heating does not work either.

So, could anyone with the Comfort seats and VCDS do me a big favor and check me some coding? I think modules 08-Auto HVAC, 09-Cent. Elect and 89-Multicont. Seat Pass are good to start with (as I'm trying this with passenger seat)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited by Cuore; 11-17-2016 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cuore
Hi,

I'm trying to retrofit Comfort seats to my A6. All the wiring is now done; seat can be moved and tilted and I can connect to comfort seat module. However, I'm not able to adjust the comfort settings by blind, nor does the adjustment pop-up to MMI screen. Heating does not work either.

So, could anyone with the Comfort seats and VCDS do me a big favor and check me some coding? I think modules 08-Auto HVAC, 09-Cent. Elect and 89-Multicont. Seat Pass are good to start with (as I'm trying this with passenger seat)

Thanks a lot in advance!
What exactly are you needing? The factory coding for those modules?
Old 11-19-2016, 11:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I would need the code frome these modules long coding -page. Just to see if there is some bytes tapped on, that possibly would relate to functioning of comfort seats.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Module 89 Coding: 366FF0

Module 9 Coding: 01050011043C9FE2C1004884A0003800CF9CD208AE08022180 000894F10015020060002D0B0000

Module 8 Coding: 668131BE5D0000
Old 11-20-2016, 09:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks a lot Ricckky! I will compare the codes to my car now.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi,

Thanks a lot in advance!
Don't bother, they are ****ty and not that comfortable, almost zero leg support.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Seats fitted. Heating and moving functions work, but the comfort settings popup window does not appear.

Could someone with 4-zone HVAC and MMI low check the coding of modules 8 and 9?

Ricckky: I suspect that you have MMI high?

I'm guessing this feature could be some of the none documented features and therefore there might be not any visible codes to choose.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So when did the heating kick in and start working? Coding issue or when CP was removed?

Seats fitted. Heating and moving functions work, but the comfort settings popup window does not appear.

Could someone with 4-zone HVAC and MMI low check the coding of modules 8 and 9?

Ricckky: I suspect that you have MMI high?

I'm guessing this feature could be some of the none documented features and therefore there might be not any visible codes to choose.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Heating started to work immediately after coding. A bit illogically I had to unchoose "heated driver seat" and "heated passenger seat" from central electronics. I guess this was because comfort seats have their own control for heating.

I have not yet removed CP. I understood the CP would mainly block memory function, which I planned not to install - at least not now. What I did plan, was to change the HVAC controller to one with buttons for ventilation. And from what I understood, after changing that, I would have to get CP removed again... and the procedure is not free at Audi Finland

At least it was mentioned in other forum that this one guy could not get the popup window, even when CP was removed. Thus, I would assume it is coding issue.

Best would be to get coding from car with MMI low and 4-zone HVAC.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

At least your getting there... have you checked the green engineering menu for the option of Comfort seats might be in there.

Quick Reply: Support request for anyone with VCDS and Comfort seats?