Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

audi connect plan changes

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default audi connect plan changes

I just noticed the 30 month option is no longer offered just 6 months or 18. My dealer said they were going to throw a 30 month subscription in the deal but it took a month to get the check which just came and i see its no longer offered.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh brother. As if it wasn't already over priced. However it's not that much more. 499 for 18 months instead of 750 for 30. $2.72 more a month.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the things I hate about the Audi Connect deal is that if you see your vehicle before your pre-paid period ends there is no refunds. You do have the option however of allowing the next car owner the ability to use the rest of your plan....or you can just cancel it.

Neither option is great.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Oh brother. As if it wasn't already over priced. However it's not that much more. 499 for 18 months instead of 750 for 30. $2.72 more a month.
Almost $28 a month. Ridiculous for the features I use. For those features (traffic and occasional google search) it should be more like $3-5 per month. Glad I let mine lapse. Waze and Siri just as good if not better and free.

Just kind of sad that the car has all this tech, and they price the subscription out of the realm of reality. And please don't tell me that if I can afford a car this expensive, I can afford the subscription. That's not the point. The point is that Audi's pricing is not in keeping with pricing of similar services. For example, my Viper remote start provides pretty much all the GPS services that Audi Connect does, plus the remote start feature, for about $6 a month.

Rant over.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Agreed, and this is where i think bringing the car dealer mark up mentality is going to leave a huge opening for other companies to come in a steal this market. Just like with microsoft and blackberry in the cell phone industry who just sat on their fat profits until Apple came in and destroyed it, finished up by Google who offered a cheap 'Apple' experience for the masses. Overall i like what they've done and will be just fine using the car play but they could have integrated the car play into the headups display much better IMO. These CEO's know this is the future but their focus is how to maximize profits instead of maximizing the user experience....

Last edited by Felunk; 11-21-2016 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

You guys realize that they have to pay a bunch of different companies licensing fees for the software/service they are providing, in addition to AT&T for use of their data network (which is probably bulk of the cost). The reality is this type of service is a cash cow for AT&T because the amount of data that is being served up is nominal.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PeteDin206
You guys realize that they have to pay a bunch of different companies licensing fees for the software/service they are providing, in addition to AT&T for use of their data network (which is probably bulk of the cost). The reality is this type of service is a cash cow for AT&T because the amount of data that is being served up is nominal.
Except that one can get far cheaper data plans even without the leverage of being one of the largest car companies on earth. Time will tell, I'm sure once enough people drop that service they will offer discounts to get them back on.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Felunk
Except that one can get far cheaper data plans even without the leverage of being one of the largest car companies on earth. Time will tell, I'm sure once enough people drop that service they will offer discounts to get them back on.
If I recall correctly, Audi's T-mobile plans dropped significantly in price after the first couple years. I will reconsider if they end up doing the same with the ATT plans.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Felunk
That's just what Sirius XM does. Every time I cancel my subscription I will get a promotional rate subscription email within the month. It's one of those subscription base services that people don't really need. For the cost of Sirius you would think they could provide a better quality sound stream. The sound quality of satellite radio is nowhere near that of HD radio which is free. As for the Audi connect I will just have to try it out during introductory trail and see if I deem it necessary to maintain. Considering it's me in the car by myself a majority of the time commuting back and forth to work, I am not sure I could take full advantage of the service. Also if I'm relying on ATT to provide the service then I'm at a lose because their coverage is terrible, almost nonexistent, in the area where I work.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Almost $28 a month. Ridiculous for the features I use. For those features (traffic and occasional google search) it should be more like $3-5 per month. Glad I let mine lapse. Waze and Siri just as good if not better and free.

Just kind of sad that the car has all this tech, and they price the subscription out of the realm of reality. And please don't tell me that if I can afford a car this expensive, I can afford the subscription. That's not the point. The point is that Audi's pricing is not in keeping with pricing of similar services. For example, my Viper remote start provides pretty much all the GPS services that Audi Connect does, plus the remote start feature, for about $6 a month.

Rant over.
I have the same exact thoughts! I really hate to lose the Audi Connect Prime (ACP) because of the tech features. It's like having a computer with no internet connection. Quick example: My wife and I switched car yesterday, because I had a much longer drive (much higher e-mpg with Tesla). Used to driving a Tesla, she parked the Q7 at the mall and walked away, without locking the car. I noticed it from MMI app and locked it remotely. This remote & GPS features come free with Tesla for life (along with other internet features), and we love them!

At first I was sure that I would let ACP lapse. Now I am considering to continue the subscription. The features I find useful are: remote monitoring of the vehicle (valet, locked /unlocked, vehicle status), GPS, Google search. I believe these will go away without ACP.

What are the Audi Connect Prime features that you love and find very useful?

And of course... they had to delete the 30-month just when I consider buying it..... I usually own a car for at least 8 years, so 18-month is a blink of an eye....

Quick Reply: audi connect plan changes