A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What is this button for?

Old 11-26-2016, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this button for?

Not sure what this button in the headliner is for. Nothing seems to show on/off in the display and can't find it in the owner's manual. Anyone know? Thanks!

Old 11-26-2016, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It's in the manual on page 53 (US).

It's the control switch for the doors turning on/not turning on interior lighting when the doors are opened.
Old 11-26-2016, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dave W
It's in the manual on page 53 (US).

It's the control switch for the doors turning on/not turning on interior lighting when the doors are opened.

Oh, how did I miss that!

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What's a little confusing is that (in my experience) the switch doesn't do anything after the doors are already open and the light turned on (or not). It has to be put into position before the opening.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

On a similar subject, has anyone else accidentally turned on the light that shines down on the driver's side while trying to open the sunroof? I've done it several times because all it takes is a finger swipe over the sensor, and many times my finger goes right over that sensor on its way to the sunroof control. It's nice but annoying at times.
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
On a similar subject, has anyone else accidentally turned on the light that shines down on the driver's side while trying to open the sunroof? I've done it several times because all it takes is a finger swipe over the sensor. It's nice but annoying at times.
Yes those convenience lights are touch activated in addition to being activated by a button I think. I always use the touch to turn them on.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

On a similar subject, has anyone else accidentally turned on the light that shines down on the driver's side while trying to open the sunroof? I've done it several times because all it takes is a finger swipe over the sensor, and many times my finger goes right over that sensor on its way to the sunroof control. It's nice but annoying at times.
Which light sensor are you talking about? For the white led reading lamps? I've never opened the sunroof on any of my cars so I don't know. I never touch that area actually. Haven't opened the sunroof, haven't used the home link transmitter(since I use a separate transmitter for the garage).
Old 11-30-2016, 02:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not yet on the A4 but a couple times on the NX
Old 12-01-2016, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Which light sensor are you talking about? For the white led reading lamps? I've never opened the sunroof on any of my cars so I don't know. I never touch that area actually. Haven't opened the sunroof, haven't used the home link transmitter(since I use a separate transmitter for the garage).
Yes, the white LED reading lamp on the left-hand side. I don't use Homelink either, but I have been using my sunroof a lot. We have been in the 60's and 70's in Dallas recently.
Old 12-01-2016, 08:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Yes, the white LED reading lamp on the left-hand side. I don't use Homelink either, but I have been using my sunroof a lot. We have been in the 60's and 70's in Dallas recently.
He he. Here it's in the early 40s/late 30s now.

And yes. I just realised it was a touch sensor today. So cool. But no. Haven't hit it by mistake yet.

Search this Thread