A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Picked up my car today and love it but had a dent....

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up my car today and love it but had a dent....

So I picked up my car today... Well sort of. I was originally going to pick up a car with 12 miles on it that was at the port. But apparently this car was going to take more than a month to release to the dealer and the thouhht was it had to have some issue replaced at the port, i'm guessing the transmission at the other thread, as i mentioned that and the guys at the dealership thought maybe, but it just said delayed on their computer

So my dealer did a three way trade for an identical car that was at another dealer except it had 190 miles on it. I didn't mind that that much though it sucked but obviously this car had been test driven a few times. I didn't want to wait longer and I had already sold my car.....

not the best pic since it's dark out and its moonlight blue...

That said when I get home I notice a dent on the left rear door. my phone camera is not capturing this very well, up close it looks a little worse like a tiny crease

So I call my sales guy and emailed him the pic and he says they'll fix it. Anyone here know if they will just paintless dent remove it and will I be able to notice? It looks pretty small but my heart literally died a little once I saw it.

Last edited by hans007; 11-30-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They will do PDR on it. That's nothing. PDR is pretty amazing. I've had it one on a few cars I've owned and you'll never even know it was there. Good for them to just pick it up like that and accept claim for it. Had you paid out of pocket it, it might have cost like $50.

Last edited by Strife1013; 12-01-2016 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Since it is a small dent, I suggest you get it fixed. PDR should do it. PDR, done properly, makes the car look as good as new. You won't notice it and you'll forget about the dent a few weeks down the line. The dealer should do it for free. I know how heartbreaking it is but things happen. The problem is that once you notice it, that's the first thing you see when you look at your car (even though others might never see/notice it)

My original car had a huge (compared to yours) dent caused by the guys who detailed it before delivery (it wasn't there when I first checked it out). But luckily, my wife spotted it before we left the dealership (my biggest blunder in that I failed to notice it in the excitement) and they gave me a different car instead of fixing it. Luckily they had another B9 with the exac same specs, in the exact same color (interior and exterior) that I wanted.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

The only concern I see with doing PDR on that is it's on a body line. Will be very difficult for them to get to it perfectly.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

yeah i'm a little concerned about that too, but i'm assuming audi will do whatever to fix it. im guessing if PDR doesnt work, they'd have to drill it and pull it out. not sure it'd be worth it considering it'd have to be painted. but yeah its kinda a buzzkill on a brand new car. have to say this car is absolutely gorgeous though.

Old 12-01-2016, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by hans007

yeah i'm a little concerned about that too, but i'm assuming audi will do whatever to fix it. im guessing if PDR doesnt work, they'd have to drill it and pull it out. not sure it'd be worth it considering it'd have to be painted. but yeah its kinda a buzzkill on a brand new car. have to say this car is absolutely gorgeous though.
If they drill and repaint it, ask them about it appearing in the car fax since it was not due to your fault and if you bought the car (as opposed to leasing it), it could affect the resale value, even though it might be slight.
PDR will be difficult but possible.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
If they drill and repaint it, ask them about it appearing in the car fax since it was not due to your fault and if you bought the car (as opposed to leasing it), it could affect the resale value, even though it might be slight.
PDR will be difficult but possible.
yea i purchased, i'll ask them, though honestly i'm not that concerned. unless this car is terribly unreliable or something i'm probably going to keep it 6-7 years and by then itll be pretty much a miniscule difference.

if this car was a few years old i wouldn't care very much at all about the dent, but a new car with a dent, gotta fix it.

i've actually had this happen with a previous car (an acura, that had a scratch on it, and was a 150 -160 mile test driven car) and acura took care of it and everything was fine. i'm pretty confident itll go the same way
Old 12-01-2016, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by hans007
yea i purchased, i'll ask them, though honestly i'm not that concerned. unless this car is terribly unreliable or something i'm probably going to keep it 6-7 years and by then itll be pretty much a miniscule difference.

if this car was a few years old i wouldn't care very much at all about the dent, but a new car with a dent, gotta fix it.

i've actually had this happen with a previous car (an acura, that had a scratch on it, and was a 150 -160 mile test driven car) and acura took care of it and everything was fine. i'm pretty confident itll go the same way
Yup. I'm sure it will be perfect. Even in India they do excellent paint jobs. America should only be better. Don't lose too much sleep over it. Like I said, once it gets fixed, you'll forget about it in a week or two. Till then, enjoy the car. It is a beaut.
Old 12-01-2016, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Before you have them repaint it, take a look at this thread. My A4 had a huge dent that was also in the body line and it was completely removed with paintless dent removal. The last post is my after/before...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2909502/page2/
Old 12-01-2016, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
Before you have them repaint it, take a look at this thread. My A4 had a huge dent that was also in the body line and it was completely removed with paintless dent removal. The last post is my after/before...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2909502/page2/
your thread is reassuring. they told me to come by next wednesday to get it fixed, will post the results later