Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

My Search is Over maybe

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Search is Over maybe

I went to my dealer today wanting to check out some paint colors and interior colors because I planned on ordering one but ended putting some money down on this one.

They were literally pulling it off the truck when I arrived. I could tell it was a Q7 but that was it. I went in and talked to the SA telling him I wanted see something in Florett Silver and Ink Blue. Then he says that I'm in luck they just had a Silver one delivered. It's a Prestige with Grey interior and Tow package.
I had originally wanted Glacier white, Nougat interior, Prestige w/DAP, Cold weather pack, RSE and tow. But I really liked the Florett and Rock grey so I jumped on it. I think I can live without the DAP. They would only do 2.5% off the sticker since it's a Prestige but said they could have done better on a P+ so I could have possibly got a P+ with the DAP around the same price or maybe even less.
Is the DAP worth it?
I ask since I have only put down $1k at the moment for them to hold it until I get my VW TDI buyback taken care of. So I can still opted for a Q7 with DAP. It wouldn't be the awesome Florett Silver but could be a P+ in Ink blue.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

My first reaction is that you should wait until you get what you want. Yes, the DAP is worth it but then you only get the Head Up Display with the Prestige so stepping down to the P+ loses that feature. So I wouldn't find either of the vehicles acceptable. Hold out for a Prestige with DAP. That's my input. But I will say that the Q7 is a wonderful vehicle so you just have to trade off what you really want vs what is available right now.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yes I was a bit impulsive about it, I've been looking at new vehicles since February so I guess I've just been getting anxious. The SA told me about a Carra white nougat DAP CWP basically what I had been wanting with the exception of not being Glacier, which isn't too big a deal. That one is in Jacksonville port right now. I just don't remember if it's prestige or P+. I liked the Florett though and didn't want to until March or potentially April to take delivery of an order. My wife still hasn't seen it yet so I will be taking her to the dealer next week after they do the inspection and detail to check it. And since it is just on hold at this point if decides she would rather have the White with Nougat then I will release the Florett and have dealer acquire the White one to hold for me or have the Ink Blue P+ w/DAP WMP CWP Tow etc. put on hold for me.
One thing about the DAP I've been reading is that it maybe possible to enable 75% of DAP abilities minus the ACC with coding using OBD11 or VAGcom.
The good thing is im not locked into this one yet, hence the "maybe" in my thread title.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Keep your options open.

I really suggest driving a Prestige to see the Head Up Display and virtual cockpit before deciding to step down to the P+. Just my opinion but the HUD is the best thing ever and I will never own another car without it. And the ACC is also a wonderful thing.

I have almost 9,000 miles on mine now and it is as close to perfect as I could expect.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

The HUD is the main reason I wanted to step up to a lightly optioned Prestige over a loaded P+. I don't do a lot of highway driving so I may not take full advantage of the ACC. Mostly I drive dark country roads so Hi beam assist would be pretty handy. The other reason I wanted a Prestige was for the colored contour lights because my daughter said they were cool 😎. I do see two Florett silver/Rock grey prestige with DAP within 500miles so it's possible I can get one of those still. I haven't driven a car with HUD yet or had a demonstration of ACC and lane keep yet so hopefully I can do both those next week.
Old 12-03-2016, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a prestige with dap I received on May 31 and had never had the chance to see how congestion assist worked until recently. Two different times in the last couple weeks I utilized it with great happiness as they were 1hour and 20 minutes long respectively.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Get exactly what you want. I waited many months for one with rear side airbags and other options I thought were important to us.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TDI Brad
The HUD is the main reason I wanted to step up to a lightly optioned Prestige over a loaded P+. I don't do a lot of highway driving so I may not take full advantage of the ACC. Mostly I drive dark country roads so Hi beam assist would be pretty handy. The other reason I wanted a Prestige was for the colored contour lights because my daughter said they were cool 😎. I do see two Florett silver/Rock grey prestige with DAP within 500miles so it's possible I can get one of those still. I haven't driven a car with HUD yet or had a demonstration of ACC and lane keep yet so hopefully I can do both those next week.
If you don't wait & get the one you really want, every time you see one with the options your originally wanted, you will kick yourself. I know from personal experience several cars ago. Don't settle for less just because you are impatient.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another vote for get what you want. I was going to settle for one which didn't have all of the features I wanted, but luckily didn't.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

+1 ... order with what the options you want (after you do your research and think it through and decide) --- during waiting time, pick up a hobby and think happy thoughts