A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Rear-ended, hit & run :-(

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Rear-ended, hit & run :-(

The title says it all. I was headed down Central Expressway in Dallas today, exited in the U-turn lane at Royal. I was the first car in the U-turn lane waiting for traffic to clear so I could go north on the access road. Bam! Kid in a beat up old Olds 88 rear ends me. He then pulled up beside me and put down his window. I got out of the car and asked him for his license information and he floored it. He was pretending to talk to me while he just waited for traffic to clear. I couldn't even get his license plate number. I floored it and tried catching up with him but he probably exited somewhere. Dammit! Called the police and they never came. Gave 911 a description of his car.

I swear, I'm starting to feel like the Universe is punishing me for caring about my cars. I don't even commute, but the drivers in Dallas are so stupid I can't go any significant period of time without car damage. I commuted 50 miles per day on South Florida's clogged roads and never had an accident. When I moved to Dallas 10 years ago my premiums never went down even though I work from home. Now I know why.

7 months ago, a valet parking attendant pulled the front of my S5 into a concrete bench. I've had two huge dents already in my A4 (taken out via PDR) and the car isn't even 3 months old. Now this. Oh well. Back to the bodyshop and higher insurance premiums. It is starting to get routine. :-(
Attached Thumbnails Rear-ended, hit & run :-(-img_0144.jpg  

Last edited by dseag2; 12-03-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a hit and run like that a few years ago. I got out to talk to the guy and he said to pull into the shopping complex and as soon as I did, he kept going. Lesson learned, next time the phone will be ready and taking pictures of the plates and driver before anything else.

I had my own bad luck the other day, ran over something and destroyed a tire. Thankfully is wasn't paint work.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sucks to hear, do you think installing a dashcam would have helped?

On the plus side, it looks like only a bumper replacement and not body alignment or something more drastic.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by zainag
This sucks to hear, do you think installing a dashcam would have helped?

On the plus side, it looks like only a bumper replacement and not body alignment or something more drastic.
I don't think in this case a dashcam would have helped, but I will have my phone out next time and take a picture of the license plate before we even talk.

Actually, the rear passenger fender is pushed in as well, so we'll have to see the extent of the damage. What sucks is that I have a $500 deductible. When the work was done on my S5 I got the $500 back from the valet company that damaged my car. I will never see that $500 this time. So, this ******* just majorly inconvenienced me and cost me $500, plus an increase in my deductible. My only solace is that my A4 will be as good as new again and he will still be driving an Olds 88... with a damaged front fender.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that would totally **** me off to no end. I'm sitting here thinking about throttling that a-hole!
Old 12-03-2016, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I'll top you with road rage and assault! Last week guy was riding my ***, applied break twice. Guy gets angry, changes onto oncoming traffic, crossing a yellow continuous line, bits my rear bumper, I accellerate away. At the lights ahead pulls am and forces me right. Gets out and starts throwing punches, 3 dents in the car. Got on the phone with cops. Told his wife who was trying to talk to me after to not leave cause cops are on the way and this is grounds for road rage and assault. They left.

I did get the license plate though. Pressed chargers. He's f'cked.

Brand new Front Left fender required

$250 rim

3 dents on both doors, close to line. will probably need paint dent removal.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, I was so angry when he hit my car that, in all honesty, it may have been my approach that made him decide to take off. Yes, it pissed me off to no end when he did it, and then after he took off I thought I was going to blow a gasket. Then I realized, no sense raising my blood pressure over something that can be fixed. I went to the gym (where I was headed) and worked out just like nothing had happened. Made me feel better.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by munsabin
I'll top you with road rage and assault! Last week guy was riding my ***, applied break twice. Guy gets angry, changes onto oncoming traffic, crossing a yellow continuous line, bits my rear bumper, I accellerate away. At the lights ahead pulls am and forces me right. Gets out and starts throwing punches, 3 dents in the car. Got on the phone with cops. Told his wife who was trying to talk to me after to not leave cause cops are on the way and this is grounds for road rage and assault. They left.

I did get the license plate though. Pressed chargers. He's f'cked.

Brand new Front Left fender required

$250 rim

3 dents on both doors, close to line. will probably need paint dent removal.
Damn! You win. Makes me feel better.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I installed this dash cam system a few weeks ago.

https://www.blackvue.com/dr650s-2ch/
Old 12-03-2016, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUMMER

you have had some kind of luck with this car.