Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Ordering new Prestige: obligatory to purchase Audi Guard floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ordering new Prestige: obligatory to purchase Audi Guard floor mats?

"Audi guard all weather floor mats or the Audi guard protection kit are required add on’s with Audi"

We are in process of ordering a new Q7 Prestige. The sales manager says that it is obligatory to order either the Audi guard all weather floor mats ($200) or the Audi guard protection kit for $300.

I am rather taken aback that there is no option for textile (carpet) floor mats on initial ordering as they are an optional Audi accessory (4M1061275MNO and 4M0061276MNO.

Have others been require to purchase either of those types of floor mats for a Prestige model??

Thanks
Ken K
Old 12-03-2016, 09:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kdkrone

Have others been require to purchase either of those types of floor mats for a Prestige model??

Ken K
Nope. Tell them you don't want them and won't pay for them, since you didn't order.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

"Audi guard all weather floor mats or the Audi guard protection kit are required add on’s with Audi"

We are in process of ordering a new Q7 Prestige. The sales manager says that it is obligatory to order either the Audi guard all weather floor mats ($200) or the Audi guard protection kit for $300.

I am rather taken aback that there is no option for textile (carpet) floor mats on initial ordering as they are an optional Audi accessory (4M1061275MNO and 4M0061276MNO.

Thanks
Ken K
They all come with textile floor mats standard. Tell them you don't want the Audi rubber mats. If you want all weather mats, get the WeatherTech later. They are better.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine arrived with unordered all weather mats along with the standard mats. And the lug nut key set which I didn't order. They threw both in free of charge.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Starting last month, if you order cold weather package, the all weather mats or protection kit is a required option. Audi is forcing you to buy one or the other if you get cold weather.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Starting last month, if you order cold weather package, the all weather mats or protection kit is a required option. Audi is forcing you to buy one or the other if you get cold weather.
Hmmmm. I see. Looks like there is no getting around that, then. But the carpet mats are included as standard, as well?
Old 12-04-2016, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody have the cargo mart for the rear? I'd like to see some pics and am curious if it rolls up easy or to see what happens with it if needing to raise the third row.
Also I've read Weathertech offers a third row mat so how well does that match the Audi mats?
Old 12-04-2016, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hmmmm. I see. Looks like there is no getting around that, then. But the carpet mats are included as standard, as well?
Yes, carpet is included too, but they are not the nice cushy premium textile ones that you see in the S3. Just your standard carpet mat.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

SYMAWD,

Got it. Are there more plush carpet mats for the Q7? Are these more plush than those that come with the car?

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...061275MNO.html

Thanks for your input--much appreciated!
Old 12-04-2016, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

SYMAWD,

Got it. Are there more plush carpet mats for the Q7? Are these more plush than those that come with the car?

https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi_201...061275MNO.html

Thanks for your input--much appreciated!
Yes, the ones with the embroidered Q7 logo are the more plush ones.