A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

A5 Sportback, A4 Allroad or Infiniti QX30

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default A5 Sportback, A4 Allroad or Infiniti QX30

First, I'll admit this isn't the right forum for this, but since I own a B9 A4 and this forum is active I'd like to throw it out there.

Our lease ends in June on our G37 Vert. We want a bit more utility. My first inclination is to go for another Audi. I've been looking at the A5 Sportback or A4 Allroad since I love my A4. However, I've been reading good reviews about the Infiniti QX30 and just saw one at the Fort Worth Auto Show. It is pretty sharp looking, and the interior is pretty upscale. Our G37 has been reliable for 3 years with no additional maintenance and the lease on the QX30 would probably be cheap. However, I do love Audi's current design language, but I know the lease will be more expensive.

I know this is ultimately up to me, but I would welcome any input. If my thread gets moved, so be it.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
First, I'll admit this isn't the right forum for this, but since I own a B9 A4 and this forum is active I'd like to throw it out there.

Our lease ends in June on our G37 Vert. We want a bit more utility. My first inclination is to go for another Audi. I've been looking at the A5 Sportback or A4 Allroad since I love my A4. However, I've been reading good reviews about the Infiniti QX30 and just saw one at the Fort Worth Auto Show. It is pretty sharp looking, and the interior is pretty upscale. Our G37 has been reliable for 3 years with no additional maintenance and the lease on the QX30 would probably be cheap. However, I do love Audi's current design language, but I know the lease will be more expensive.

I know this is ultimately up to me, but I would welcome any input. If my thread gets moved, so be it.
Well. We (my wife and I) test drove the QX30 (the car was for her). It drove fine, but not as nice as the 2.0 in the Audi. Also, she didn't like it since the front windscreen was raked a little too much. But that aside, it is a good looking car though I personally would get an A4 or A5 over it.
Now, coming to the A5. The A5 sportback should have more usable boot space than the A4. But I guess the all road will have the most space.
If I were you though, I'd probably get a BMW X1 since it'll be a change from driving the same 2.0 TFSI (a change once in a while is a good thing, right?).
But yes. The lease on the QX30 will definitely be cheap. And it will be reliable too. I guess you should drive one and see. I personally wouldn't want two 2.0TFSIs in my garage.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks for the input!
Old 12-05-2016, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

A5 SportBack or A4 Allroad are on my short list for 2018 model year to replace our SportWagen. Tested the MB GLC & new BMW X1, didn't like either and Q30 is quite a bit smaller isn't it?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes, the QX30 is a lot smaller, but having more garage space is not a bad thing. My A4 was in an accident and I am now driving a Chevy Traverse. It takes up my entire side of the garage. Can't even walk around it!
Old 12-05-2016, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the QX30 is a lot smaller, but having more garage space is not a bad thing. My A4 was in an accident and I am now driving a Chevy Traverse. It takes up my entire side of the garage. Can't even walk around it!
Any idea how long your A4 will be out of commission?
Old 12-05-2016, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm guessing two weeks, but I'm traveling next week so it won't matter. That Traverse will be sitting in DFW. My sweet A4 should be waiting for me to pick up on Dec. 19. I'll be ready!
Old 12-05-2016, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

i think A5 sport back is one of the best looking cars on the market. And you'll be one of the first owners in the country AND there are no previous models of it in the us so it'll feel so new for so long. Also, you'll get a great car you know and love but with different sheet metal where as having an A4 and an all road will look too similar I think.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dseag2, not sure if you saw my response on CL, but of the three, I'm not feeling the styling of the QX30. A car purchase is mostly emotional especially when the dollar amount increases so you of course know what you like.

From a purely emotional standpoint, I'd pick the A5 Sport Back as it looks sexy and the cargo/interior room would be good enough for my household needs. Outside of Audi, I love the F-Type but pricey and the interior is cheap. Have you considered the NX?

EDIT: Typo F-Pace not F-Type.

Last edited by corradoMR2; 12-06-2016 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Outside of Audi, I love the F-Type but pricey and the interior is cheap.
Do you mean the Jaguar F-Pace? I don't know if a 2 seat sports car is comparable to a hatchback