A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Need help regarding rear quarter panel

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help regarding rear quarter panel

Hi everyone,

So here’s the problem, my pre facelift C6 got its left side rear quarter panel damaged. Will the facelift c6 rear quarter panel fit my pre facelift car. I tried finding a quarter panel for my pre facelift C6, but I only found the facelift rear quarter panel for sale. To me it seems like the quarter panel is the same for all the C6 sedans, the only difference in the rear seems to be the rear bumper, the tail lights and the boot lid.

Does anyone here know if I ordering a facelift rear quarter panel will fit my pre facelift C6?

Thanks everyone!
Attached Thumbnails Need help regarding rear quarter panel-screen-shot-2016-12-05-12.15.42.png   Need help regarding rear quarter panel-img_1588.jpg   Need help regarding rear quarter panel-img_1586.jpg  
Old 12-05-2016, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

There appear to be more pre-facelift C6 rear quarter panels out there than post facelift models.

Why not just get the right one to start with? FWIW, I believe you do need to make some additional changes (i.e. bumper, trunk lid, etc...). I don't think it'd be worth it, just go down to your local german car junk yard/recycler and go get one.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
There appear to be more pre-facelift C6 rear quarter panels out there than post facelift models.

Why not just get the right one to start with? FWIW, I believe you do need to make some additional changes (i.e. bumper, trunk lid, etc...). I don't think it'd be worth it, just go down to your local german car junk yard/recycler and go get one.
I can't seem to find any online, the thing is here in the Scandinavia it's very expensive to find something, anyone knows some Euro shop where I can find a quarter panel for the pre facelift A6?
Old 12-05-2016, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by ak1991
I can't seem to find any online, the thing is here in the Scandinavia it's very expensive to find something, anyone knows some Euro shop where I can find a quarter panel for the pre facelift A6?
Sometimes junk yards and recyclers don't keep all their inventory online...if at all. Your best bet is to find local places around you and phone them up asking them if they have an 05-08 Audi A6s and if they have something with an undamaged rear panel.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 327 Likes on 276 Posts

Are you sure yours can't be fixed? I don't think that part is made of aluminum so it should be repairable, worked with mastic and repainted. Check with your local sheet metal worker shop.

Had my front fender fixed. Not the same part but could be similar. Check this: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...hield-2900983/