Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Media Issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Media Issues

Just Purchased 2017 Q7 fully loaded. I was trying to set up jukebox last night by using a USB stick and also plugging in my ipad. I could not bring up juke box to add songs either from the ipad or the USB stick. I know how to get to the setting but the jukebox symbol would not light up. Does anyone out there have an explanation on what I could be doing wrong?
Old 12-06-2016, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mechman
Just Purchased 2017 Q7 fully loaded. I was trying to set up jukebox last night by using a USB stick and also plugging in my ipad. I could not bring up juke box to add songs either from the ipad or the USB stick. I know how to get to the setting but the jukebox symbol would not light up. Does anyone out there have an explanation on what I could be doing wrong?
i couldnt get it done either one day and then didnt get time. for that matter, dont know if i can stream bluetooth audio
update: saw in the manual it can be done. tried to do it just now as stated in manual, phone is already connected, wouldnt connect as another bluetooth media device.

Last edited by indiandevil; 12-06-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Called Audi dealership this morning and was told that you need to download your music on a SD card in order for jukebox to recognize. I've picked one up and will give it a go. Will let you know the outcome.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 96 Likes on 44 Posts

The dealer was correct. You can only copy songs to the Jukebox (not older ones that still have copy protection) from an SD card. If you use iTunes on your computer, copy the songs from the iTunes music library and not directly from iTunes itself. The usual directory path to use on the SD card is artist>album>song.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks snagitseven.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why it's not enabled by default but you can turn on rip from CD with OBDeleven.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I don't think it can do this on the newer models, only the older ones.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has been a few months since I did it but I was able to transfer songs from CDs to the Jukebox in my 2017 Q7. Load the CD into the player (located in the glove compartment), then one of the options if you press either the right or left button on the touchpad (I don't remember which one) is to copy the disc to the Jukebox. After that, Jukebox becomes one of the options when you repetitively press the Media button.

Paul
Old 12-07-2016, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think the ripping of a CD is not available in NA versions... used to be... you can copy other stuff from a CD, just not a copyrighted CD.... in any case, I'd like to enable it on my 2014 but no go... after all that, the reports are that the ripping operation is very slow, so just rip the MP3's externally and add to Jukebox.

Greg
Old 12-07-2016, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paul07834
It has been a few months since I did it but I was able to transfer songs from CDs to the Jukebox in my 2017 Q7. Load the CD into the player (located in the glove compartment), then one of the options if you press either the right or left button on the touchpad (I don't remember which one) is to copy the disc to the Jukebox. After that, Jukebox becomes one of the options when you repetitively press the Media button.

Paul
I'm pretty sure I did too. On vacation now in Key West, will check when I get back.