A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Virtual Cockpit Annoyance

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Virtual Cockpit Annoyance

So I generally drive with the map in my VC and my media on the MMI screen. Once I am using navigation the VC navigation screen is very different than the MMI (not just limit info) but also the next\upcoming turns and distances.

I saw that the TT VC shoes the screens more closely to the MMI and find no reason that our cars should be limiting the data. Has anyone been able to do this?

Example -
TT:
Old 12-08-2016, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by obtix
So I generally drive with the map in my VC and my media on the MMI screen. Once I am using navigation the VC navigation screen is very different than the MMI (not just limit info) but also the next\upcoming turns and distances.

I saw that the TT VC shoes the screens more closely to the MMI and find no reason that our cars should be limiting the data. Has anyone been able to do this?

Example -
TT:
I didn't get you. You mean the VC shows different info compared to the MMI nav? Could you show a picture of both? Mine shows the same info on both I believe.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

So that little box above the RPM's on the left - I don't have that. I do have that info on the MMI screen.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm not home but here is a google image that is more like what I see...

Old 12-08-2016, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Different software I suppose. The A4 doesn't show the turn by turn information in the VC that's available in the MMI.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I wonder if there is a way to change with with OBDEleven?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obtix
So that little box above the RPM's on the left - I don't have that. I do have that info on the MMI screen.
Perhaps because some A4s have the ability to display the next turn info in their windshield heads-up display?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lifjoy
Perhaps because some A4s have the ability to display the next turn info in their windshield heads-up display?
I can see the next turn when close above the speedo when it is getting close, I assumed that was the same info in the HUD.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've noticed the same thing. The lack of turn information in the VC is one of several complaints that I have about the built-in nav. I was initially really impressed by it, but now I think of it as mostly being style over substance.

The visuals and VC are great, but everything else is meh. Limited turn information in the VC, it doesn't speak street names, traffic is inaccurate and (after 6 months) expensive, looking up locations is inconsistent...
Old 12-08-2016, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by drewba
I've noticed the same thing. The lack of turn information in the VC is one of several complaints that I have about the built-in nav. I was initially really impressed by it, but now I think of it as mostly being style over substance.

The visuals and VC are great, but everything else is meh. Limited turn information in the VC, it doesn't speak street names, traffic is inaccurate and (after 6 months) expensive, looking up locations is inconsistent...
Ya I keep going back to Android Auto for google maps, so much easier to enter a destination by name or address