Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Random questions

Old 12-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random questions

Hello all,

Great car and great forum. I've picked up some really good info here.

A few random questions:

1. How can you tell if your brake lights have turned on? For example, with adaptive cruise control or traffic jam assist, are they turning on every time the car is slowing down. I think I read somewhere the Q7 may shift into a lower gear to slow down for acc. Do the brake lights go on?

How about if you are in drive with the Electronic Brake on, say at a long red light so you can take your foot off the brake. Is the brake light on then? Is there anyway to determine if the brake lights are on.

On my other car (Infiniti), there is an audible beep when the brakes are first engaged when in acc.

2. Can the MMI connect to a different email app then the default pre-installed email app on my android phone. Can it be modified to use Gmail instead?

3. Can the NAV display the time to the destination instead of the ETA?

4. Anyone else think that the low beam headlights cut out too early. The high beams are excellent (and the high beam assist works great) but sometime I think the low beams do not reach far enough.

I have just started playing with Android Auto and have not been able to get the Google Voice recognition to work. For example, saying "Directions to Starbucks", the reply I get is "Actually, you are offline...", but I know that I have a solid LTE connection. I still have some basic troubleshooting to work through, so hopefully I will get this working shortly.

Sorry for all the random questions on one thread. Maybe I should have started multiple threads. We'll see.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

1) The brake light do go on. I had someone follow me to confirm

2) The MMI just uses whet you have on your phone. Is your Gmail the default email you use?

3) Time to destination does appear however I forget exactly where. Play with your virtual cockpit view as well as your pop-up monitor options.

4) They are kind of "short" in terms of their throw but I did not think it was too bad. Personal preference on this thought.

Just my thoughts.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks jallen0.

Hopefully, the brake lights do not go on for minor slowing. It may look like your riding your brake at times.

Gmail is what I use, but I do not see any way of setting it as the default app for email on my phone. I'll poke around some more.

I thought I looked at pretty much every setting for NAV and did not see a way of displaying the time to destination. I'll look again.

Thanks.

Search this Thread