A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Speed limit sign info

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed limit sign info

i have the premium plus with tech package and cold weather, i see the speed limit sign on the nav on my stand alone screen, it changes as i go on different streets, so it's working but it doesn't show in the cockpit screen, it just says traffic info unavailable. Is there a way to enable this?
Old 12-09-2016, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Speed limits on the navigation and traffic recognition are different. Traffic recognition signs recognise the traffic signs. Not just speed limits. I don't think it works in America.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Speed limits on the navigation and traffic recognition are different. Traffic recognition signs recognise the traffic signs. Not just speed limits. I don't think it works in America.
Bummer, you mean non-US versions show more than just speed limits and school zones (both of which are displayed in my HUD and virtual cockpit)? What else is shown?
Old 12-09-2016, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by fixpoint
Bummer, you mean non-US versions show more than just speed limits and school zones (both of which are displayed in my HUD and virtual cockpit)? What else is shown?
Looks like I might be wrong and it only recognizes the speed limit. I thought it would recognize stop signs too.
BTW, OP has the Premium plus edition which doesn't recognize VZE even though the display pane is present in the VC.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
it works in America, none of the versions recognize stop signs (driver is supposed to do that) it will recognize no passing and school zones and I think construction zones.
Old 12-09-2016, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know for a fact that it recognises school zones, It activates it every time I pass a school zone to that speed limit and if the school zone is flashing, the word "school" in amber flashes in the virtual cockpit.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

ROW/DE has an "end of speed limit" sign which is shown in the VC/HUD, they also have additional signs that limit the applicability (i.e. trucks over x tons only) that VZE detects there but it doesn't seem to work that well in the US version.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this something that could be found via coding? I've never seen the word "school" in either the virtual cockpit/HUD/MMI.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Mine shows school below the smaller speed limit sign in the VC and HUD
Old 12-10-2016, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
ROW/DE has an "end of speed limit" sign which is shown in the VC/HUD, they also have additional signs that limit the applicability (i.e. trucks over x tons only) that VZE detects there but it doesn't seem to work that well in the US version.
Yup. This is what I thought too. Just speed limits alone doesn't make sense.