A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Chipwerke tuning box in the B9 A4

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Chipwerke tuning box in the B9 A4

Hey guys

As you might have read in the Racechip thread, there are still some of us getting manifold errors/auto stop start error/CEL even with the latest update. As much as I like Racechip, their latest response hasn't left me too pleased. I mailed them regarding the error post firmware update and they responded saying Race mode is for the track (where auto start stop has to be disabled) and sport mode is for street. I hope they are working on it and that they haven't given up hope though.

I was wondering how many here have CW modules in their car and whether they are getting errors. I know there are a few who have moved from RC to CW and are happy (though I forgot who). I would be glad if you could post here, tell us whether you still get errors/CEL, how easy it was returning the RC and how the two compare.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Hey guys

As you might have read in the Racechip thread, there are still some of us getting manifold errors/auto stop start error/CEL even with the latest update. As much as I like Racechip, their latest response hasn't left me too pleased. I mailed them regarding the error post firmware update and they responded saying Race mode is for the track (where auto start stop has to be disabled) and sport mode is for street. I hope they are working on it and that they haven't given up hope though.

I was wondering how many here have CW modules in their car and whether they are getting errors. I know there are a few who have moved from RC to CW and are happy (though I forgot who). I would be glad if you could post here, tell us whether you still get errors/CEL, how easy it was returning the RC and how the two compare.
Honestly, I don't even care about the Stop/Stop error. My concern is the engine light that keeps coming on due to the RC.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by steelersmb
Honestly, I don't even care about the Stop/Stop error. My concern is the engine light that keeps coming on due to the RC.
He he. I thought it was linked? I haven't gotten the CEL yet but I got the start stop error and I thought the reason for both was the same!!! Otherwise, why would it affect the start stop system?
Old 12-11-2016, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

He he. I thought it was linked? I haven't gotten the CEL yet but I got the start stop error and I thought the reason for both was the same!!! Otherwise, why would it affect the start stop system?
Nope, not linked apparently. Ive gotten the start/stop error intermittently but never the CEL.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not the same. I got the engine light error tonight but not the start/stop error. Anyhow, I don't want to duplicate the other thread because that's not what the OP was asking. I would like to know the same though as I think I am returning my RC tomorrow. I'm tired of being a beta tester for them on a $53K car.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a CEL warning with CW and the s/s error.

power boost was really nice though.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by srolle
got a CEL warning with CW and the s/s error.

power boost was really nice though.
Damn. That sucks. Looks like CW might have the problem too. Did you get in touch with CW?
Old 12-12-2016, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn. That sucks. Looks like CW might have the problem too. Did you get in touch with CW?
yeah, to like, return it. they were cool though. maybe they're doing more testing or something.
Old 12-12-2016, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Damn. So you returned your CW too? I guess I'll have to wait and watch then.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

OT

Has anyone tried any other performance booster, if you may call it that. Like a pedal box.

Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller (All Makes/Models) - Griffin Motorwerke | U.S. Importer for Milltek Sport Exhaust | Recaro Seats | Stoptech Brakes |

I have a friend (not in America) who uses one in his car and he says it makes a noticeable difference in throttle response which results in better acceleration (he is not a noob when it comes to cars and car mods). Any idea how it might work in our cars?