S7 Discussion forum for the Audi S7

Body-colored exterior mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 04:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body-colored exterior mirrors

I am looking at purchasing a new S7 and really dislike the silver side mirrors. Is there a way to get the body-colored mirrors WITHOUT getting the black optic package? If not, is this a part that is easy to replace? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-19-2016, 08:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Adding the silver mirror covers to the A7 is a popular mod. You shouldn't have any trouble selling or trading your covers. There are threads about switching covers. What body color are you looking at?
Old 12-20-2016, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Adding the silver mirror covers to the A7 is a popular mod. You shouldn't have any trouble selling or trading your covers. There are threads about switching covers. What body color are you looking at?
I am looking at the Daytona Gray. I can see the silver covers looking neat on a different color car, but it just looks off on the gray.

I will look around for the threads regarding switching the cover. I don't want to be that schmuck that jams a butter knife into my brand new and what I would imagine to be, a very expensive mirror.

Thank you for the input.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:48 AM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You can always wrap the mirrors in a body coloured vinyl.

Replacement mirror caps would come primed from the dealer, and would require painting and finishing.

Putting an aftermarket carbon cap on is another option (I have replaced my S7 aluminium mirrors with carbon ones)
Old 01-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

For your mirrors, you'd be better off buying painted ones already or having yours painted. It'd be hard to match your particular body color code to a vinyl color that's already available out there. In addition to that, the way the mirrors are shaped do not typically lend very well to wrapping them.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the replies. I ended up sucking it up and getting the black optics package. I am worried about the huge rims on my terrible local roads, but we will see how they do.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by metalimi
Thanks for the replies. I ended up sucking it up and getting the black optics package. I am worried about the huge rims on my terrible local roads, but we will see how they do.
Black optic pack eliminated the aluminum finish mirrors? So did they come color matched or black to match around the windows?
Old 03-04-2017, 06:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by B7SLine
Black optic pack eliminated the aluminum finish mirrors? So did they come color matched or black to match around the windows?
Yep, the aluminum housings are eliminated and replaced with body color matching housings. I thought it was odd that that was the only way to get it to match from the factory...

Anywho, I will post pictures of it when it arrives later this month!
Old 03-04-2017, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Please do! Can't wait to check it out
Old 03-06-2017, 02:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 81 Posts

They look like this.....

Quick Reply: Body-colored exterior mirrors