A8 / S8 (D3 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the D3 Audi A8 produced from 2003-2010 and Audi S8 produced from 2006-2010
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VNSMEDIA Bluetooth Interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VNSMEDIA Bluetooth Interface

Hello, I have D3 Audi A8L 06' and I installed the VNSMEDIA Bluetooth Interface. Does anyone have or had the issue of this message "The device is being initialized. Please Wait..... I've used the 4610 version disc and did a boatloader from scratch. Its still not picking up VNSMEDIA. PLEASE HELP AND THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Old 12-28-2016, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Never heard of it. I would suggest contacting the manufacturer as they are going to have the best idea of how to troubleshoot their device.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Sorry dude I have a dension but try here

VNS Media Audi Music Interface MMI 2G Fitted!!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default VNS SUCKS

I got the vns media bluetooth kit for my 04 A8L, Paid $450 USD and at first everything is fine, installation is easy, just plug it into the MOST loop behind the cd changer and power same with supplied cables. So for those who are unfamiliar with this unit heres a first hand experience. The unit acts like a stock AMI unit and shows up in the mmi unit as "audi music interface". The Vns media unit come with a push button that connects to the unit with a square 4 pin connector which when pushed switches the mode of the media box from either of the supplied ports which are a 32 pin ipod female and standard USB-A. The vns media unit uses the 32 pin port to plug in an ipod and control music via the ipod itself or optionally you can plug in the supplied 32 pin to AUX cable and use it as an easy AUX option or you can use the 32 pin male to male cable and attach the 32 pin cheap bluetooth adapter and use that to play music. The usb side of the box only supports up to a 32GB flash drive and only supports mp3 formatted music and all the info shows up in MMI with all the MMI controls in tact and working. you can make playlists on the usb and search folders and browse all your music through the MMI screen or through the driver display. steering wheel functions remain in tact. when you turn the mmi system on the screen depending on which mode the interface box is in will display The initialising interface or if in the Ipod/Aux mode it will say "External audio source active".

Ok now that we have how it works outta the way heres my personal experience with it. at first it was great but now im a little annoyed of it. First of all the bluetooth flat out suck, lots of distortion and interference so i just stopped using it. When you turn the mmi system off the music within the box does not stop so when you turn the system back on it will be a couple songs ahead before it finally turned itself off. no biggy small stuff really. what really gets me is that when i drive it will randomly glitch out and reset itself out of nowhere and sometimes it will start up but no music will play. i have found that when it does not want to play, I hold the power button to the mmi and turn it off the turn it back on and it usually does the trick. but every now and then it will just freeze up and i have to actually manually unplug it or turn the whole car off and wait for it to turn off and reset.in addition you wont get anykind of support from the manufacturer in poland. hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Oh also when trying to find it through the MMI go to CD/TV and choose the source option, from there you will see Audi Music Interface
Old 01-07-2017, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

I have kufatec fiscon pro Bluetooth hands free and A2DP. Integrates seamlessly with the OEM MMI functions, and the sound quality is great. Also cost a heck of a lot less than $450.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default VNSmedia AMI Update

So i just checked out VNSmedias website and found an update for their AMI unit. after downloading it to a USB flash drive i went to my car and updated my Interface. Heres where I give props to this company for actively updating their products, so far I havent had any glitches at all and even the bluetooth seems to have improved in quality. Go VNS!

I checked out the kufatec interface mentioned above and its going for about $399 USD. VNS has dropped their price since I purchased mine and the VNS AMI unit is going for €190 which is a comes to a bit over $200 USD. pretty good deal.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:49 PM
AudiWorld Wiseguy

Received 223 Likes on 203 Posts

That VNS unit is an AMI alternative with outdated/useless wired connection options and Bluetooth dongle afterthought. No BT telephone function, which as you have an '04 you won't have as standard.

Fiscon is built in BT phone AND Bluetooth streaming, for a lower price.

Anyway, glad you got it to work, but you would still have been better off spending your money on the Fiscon.

Last edited by dvs_dave; 01-20-2017 at 08:55 PM.