A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Great Thing to Wake up to. Not.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Great Thing to Wake up to. Not.

This is what I woke up to! I didn't hear the alarm but when I reached my hand through the window it immediately went off via motion. The only thing they stole was the android phone I use for coding hopefully I can get its location when they connect it to wifi.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh man, just the worst thing to wake up to, so sorry. They broke into two cars? Sux.

Hope the perps are caught.

Last edited by Dave W; 01-15-2017 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has been an epidemic of such car break ins in San Francisco in the last few years. Hope it's not spreading.
Old 01-15-2017, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jeffj2h
There has been an epidemic of such car break ins in San Francisco in the last few years. Hope it's not spreading.
I think it is, literally yesterday someone just dumped a wrecked stolen car in front of our garage (why we weren't parked in there last night) and luckily we have a nest cam that caught them leaving the car. Then as the cop is taking our statements a car passes and he jumps into his car and zooms off, when he comes back he said it was a stolen car. And then my car got broken into AND last week my fathers BMW was stolen and the tweakers got it up to 116 mph on a city road and tore a Hyundai literally in half.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Jesus Christ. That is bad. I feel for you. I hope those buggers are caught asap. And castrated without being anesthetized.

I, for some reason, always wanted to park my car outside even though I have a garage. But my father in law never let me park it outside, giving me reasons like this. And yet, I thought he was just being paranoid. He says if I don't have space in my garage, to go and park in his. Now I know why.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Jesus Christ. That is bad. I feel for you. I hope those buggers are caught asap. And castrated without being anesthetized.

I, for some reason, always wanted to park my car outside even though I have a garage. But my father in law never let me park it outside, giving me reasons like this. And yet, I thought he was just being paranoid. He says if I don't have space in my garage, to go and park in his. Now I know why.
The worst part is one of my neighbors saw it happening, to the extent they could identify the make and model of the car, and the person breaking windows at 4 am and said the alarms were going off but instead of calling the police he just sent an email with all the details to the HOA. What an idiot.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I feel sorry and at the same time angry when I read your post above. So much damage and hassle for a phone that may not be useful since it is probably password protected. As a car owner who had his car broken into for about $10 worth of loose change, I can feel for you. After this first encounter, I vowed not to leave anything of value (except for a tissue box) in the car. That was 15 years ago, thankful that I was not victimized again. Until one day when someone, a resident of our condo building, tried to steal my mint condition Nissan 200SX from our secure underground parkade. He got away and eventually left our building. Good riddance.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
I feel sorry and at the same time angry when I read your post above. As a car owner who had his car broken into for about $10 worth of loose change, I can feel for you. After this first encounter, I vowed not to leave anything of value (except for a tissue box) in the car. That was 15 years ago, thankful that I was not victimized again. Until one day when someone, a resident of our condo building, tried to steal my mint condition Nissan 200SX from our secure underground parkade. He got away and eventually left our building. Good riddance.
So annoying, like I will give you everything that is in my car (which is nothing) just to not have to not have a window during winter and deal with the hassle.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow - terrible. and unreasonable.

time to move. think about the cost of those audi's compared to the depicted vicinity.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Also, does anyone know if safelite type places are going to be cheaper than Audi? Im just curious I know it will be but I don't know if its more worthwhile going to the dealer than a 3rd party.

Also, every glass replacement asks if I have laminated or 2 hole glass. I don't think the US B9 comes with laminated glass (or maybe just with luxury package) but I also don't know what 2 hole is (but guessing it is the mount points for the window motor). Thanks

Quick Reply: Great Thing to Wake up to. Not.