A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lowering Springs

Hi there, I want to lower my A4 Premium Plus to probably fit the 19's OEM wheels. Seems like the only option available now are the Eibach set. H&R shows backorder everywhere.

Would you wait on H&R or pull the trigger on the Eibachs? Considering both are german brands...Eibach being about $30-$40 cheaper.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

I had a Bilstein/Eibach combo on my e36 M3 and they were a great match. I had H&R on my S4 and they were a nice 1.5" drop with very comfortable daily drivability. As long as they are progressive you cant go wrong. Go with whats available and if its cheaper thats a bonus. Whatever you decide, write up a report for us.
The following users liked this post:
Randy Mintz (11-11-2019)
Old 01-17-2017, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Like I said. There's nothing for the A4 Quattro available yet (you get coilovers though). Some sites say that the Eibach pro kit is for Quattro too but their website says it's only for the FWD version.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salvadorsantana
Hi there, I want to lower my A4 Premium Plus to probably fit the 19's OEM wheels. Seems like the only option available now are the Eibach set. H&R shows backorder everywhere.

Would you wait on H&R or pull the trigger on the Eibachs? Considering both are german brands...Eibach being about $30-$40 cheaper.
I made the mistake of ordering the Eibach Pro-kit springs 3 days ago from the Tire-Rack for my B9 A4 Premium Plus Quattro without the sport suspension to find out from Eibach directly that they are only for the FWD=Front Wheel Drive model only! The tech at Eibach told me they are working on the quattro model but they are still 2 to 3 months away. I called the Tire Rack today and was told by them to refuse the delivery and they will make the correction on their website. Should have read VipinLJ reply dated yesterday he is correct. SO BEWARE!!

Last edited by jorgecopa; 01-18-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jorgecopa
I made the mistake of ordering the Eibach Pro-kit springs 3 days ago from the Tire-Rack for my B9 A4 Premium Plus Quattro without the sport suspension to find out from Eibach directly that they are only for the FWD=Front Wheel Drive model only! The tech at Eibach told me they are working on the quattro model but they are still 2 to 3 months away. I called the Tire Rack today and was told by them to refuse the delivery and they will make the correction on their website. Should have read VipinLJ reply dated yesterday he is correct. SO BEWARE!!

Mine is FWD, so I went ahead and ordered Eibach.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes. I was very close to ordering Eibach a month or so ago because various websites say it suits Quattro as well. I then checked Eibach out directly and saw that it was for FWD only.

Originally Posted by salvadorsantana
Mine is FWD, so I went ahead and ordered Eibach.
Nice. As usual, let us know how it is. Someone in AZ has installed it in his FWD B9 but no replies from him as to how ride quality and stuff is. Anyways. Shouldn't be too different from stock since I read Eibach is more street friendly, which is what I want.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Yes. I was very close to ordering Eibach a month or so ago because various websites say it suits Quattro as well. I then checked Eibach out directly and saw that it was for FWD only.

Nice. As usual, let us know how it is. Someone in AZ has installed it in his FWD B9 but no replies from him as to how ride quality and stuff is. Anyways. Shouldn't be too different from stock since I read Eibach is more street friendly, which is what I want.
The perfect lowering spring would be a drop of 1.5 and no or very little change in the ride quality. Don't think that's going to happen though just wishful thinking.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Let's see. We have quite a few coming in soon.

Eibach
H&R
Emmanuelle designs
034Motorsports
Old 01-19-2017, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The perfect lowering spring would be a drop of 1.5 and no or very little change in the ride quality. Don't think that's going to happen though just wishful thinking.

I think this is feasible. I've ran H&R "OE" springs in the past which were slightly lower than OEM sport (1.2" vs .75" or so) and the ride quality was comparable to stock on reg/rough roads, but much stiffer when tossing her around because they were progressive springs. Best of both worlds, that's what I'm waiting for.
Old 02-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody know what the deal is with the H&R Street Performance Coilover setup being restricted to build dates earlier than 7/11/2016? My A4 (PP sport quattro) has a Oct 2016 build date, so I'm curious to know what changed in July 2016, and if these will fit my car.

(Source: H&R website)

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs