Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

Dieselgate $500 Audi Dealership cards expiration

Old 01-19-2017, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dieselgate $500 Audi Dealership cards expiration

Quick reminder for folks caught up in the TDI debacle to check their Audi Dealership card expiration. The earliest ones issued (like mine) expire at the end of this month. I presume it's a "Use it or lose it" deal. A fuel filter, oil filter, and 2.5 gal Adblue put me within 22 cents of using it all up. (Close enough. Lol.)

Just don't want to see anyone lose out because they put their card in a drawer and said "I'll deal with it later," and then it expires on them.

Last edited by brutus23079; 01-20-2017 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Have less than $2 on the general one. Gave the "dealer only" card to my son for a Christmas present- used it when buying his CPO'ed S8.

Now if we'll ever find out what the final settlement will be!!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did an advance purchase on the 'next' GPS Maps update which should be out in the next month or so. I have AudiCare so oil, filters and the like dont do me any real good.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

I am still trying to figure out what to do. My (39k miles) A4's AudiCare ended a little over a year ago. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow, and see if I can get AudiCare for a couple more years.

Does that work?
Old 01-19-2017, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 61 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by a4avant-ti
I am still trying to figure out what to do. My (39k miles) A4's AudiCare ended a little over a year ago. I am going to call the dealer tomorrow, and see if I can get AudiCare for a couple more years.

Does that work?
AudiCare is non-refundable and non-transferrable. It would be a bad use of the dealership card. There is no provision to reimburse for AudiCare in the EPA settlement.

I went today and purchased 10% discount for 2 sets of front and rear brake pads and a new set of front all-weather mats. Cost $560 with tax and used entire $500 dealership card and balance on the Audi Visa card.

My thinking is that I can sell the brake pads on ebay or amazon if I get and take a buyback.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Nice play Dennis. I burned $300 of the $500 last spring courtesy of a mouse chewing on my right front wheel speed sensor wire. (I did get the little bastard.) Betting I'll hang onto the Q5 long enough to make use of the additional parts I recently "bought".
Old 01-19-2017, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DennisMitchell
AudiCare is non-refundable and non-transferrable. It would be a bad use of the dealership card. There is no provision to reimburse for AudiCare in the EPA settlement...
But I want to "load up" on AudiCare for the A4 Avant, not the Q7. I have no plans to get rid of an Avant. No, never... Rare dying breed.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I purchased accessories from a dealership out of state. They had car wash accessories on clearance and some little things I wanted.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryT
I purchased accessories from a dealership out of state. They had car wash accessories on clearance and some little things I wanted.
I've heard mixed results in trying to use the Audi dealership card over the phone. In my case I was trying to use it at a VW dealership for a part purchase and they said they couldn't do it. Maybe he just didn't know or didn't want to, but I've heard similar with others too.

And then I completely forgot to use it to pay for our 2nd TDI that we bought in October at a dealership 500 miles away. Thankfully the dealership had some unfinished work to be completed on the car after I took delivery, so I was able to pay my dealership with the card to do that work and then the dealership I bought the car from cut me a check, effectively turning mine into cash (which would have had the same net result if I had used it to buy the vehicle). So mine's all gone now. I think my expiration was the other day, 1/17/17.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mark P
I think my expiration was the other day, 1/17/17.
Mark, my card said "1/17" as well. I called the number on the back to clarify the last day. They said I had until the end of the month. Just wanted to clarify for others with "1/17" cards (especially since we're past 1/17/17).

Keep up the good bird-******* on Dieselgate. Many of us are following you and MP4 as the main source for our info.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dieselgate $500 Audi Dealership cards expiration