Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

2018 SQ5 Order Placed

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 SQ5 Order Placed

Just finalized my order with my dealer up here in Canada.

SQ5 Technik (equivalent to Prestige in the US)
Daytona Grey (same as my current Q5)
Driver Assistance
Carbon Atlas Trim

Decided against the 21" rims, our roads are pretty bad up here and I wanted the extra rubber.

Very excited.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Some questions for you... does it include Active Lane Assist? Also, does the Canadian version come with Parking System Plus with Park Assist? I'm looking to put in an order on an SQ5 but haven't been able to confirm whether or not these features are available on the Canadian model.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by broadcastguy
Some questions for you... does it include Active Lane Assist? Also, does the Canadian version come with Parking System Plus with Park Assist? I'm looking to put in an order on an SQ5 but haven't been able to confirm whether or not these features are available on the Canadian model.
No active lane assist in the SQ5/Q5 package in Canada unfortunately. Very disappointed about it, but not swaying me from the order.

On the order guide, I'm seeing these parking related features:
- Front and rear parking sensors (included in Progressiv)
- Rear view camera (included in Progressiv)
- Top view camera (included in Technik or Driver Assistance Package)
- Audi pre sense rear (included in Technik)

I don't see anything about Parking System Plus with Park Assist.

Where in Canada are you? I'm in Toronto and have a dealer I work with who's really knowledgable about this stuff, and also has been very fair to me. I send him a lot of business, so gives the same deals to my friends. Happy to connect you if you're in the GTA.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well that's a huge bummer. I think I may have to hold off. You'd think they would at least match the features currently on the A4...

I'm in Edmonton and already have a guy that I'm working with but thank you for the offer.

Despite a few nerdy shortcomings, I'm sure it'll be a great ride! Congrats to you!
Old 01-20-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by broadcastguy
Well that's a huge bummer. I think I may have to hold off. You'd think they would at least match the features currently on the A4...

I'm in Edmonton and already have a guy that I'm working with but thank you for the offer.

Despite a few nerdy shortcomings, I'm sure it'll be a great ride! Congrats to you!
I don't care so much about the Parking System, but the lack of Active Lane Assist is definitely a huge bummer. Love it when I've used it on the A4 and Q7.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The 2018 Q5 configurator offers an Urban Driving Assistance Package which includes ACC Pre-sense Front, Pre-sense City, and Traffic Sign Recognition. My guess, through this package, one can activate Lane Assist using VCDS. All the components are there including the camera. Just a guess.

Lane Assist is part of the Advanced Driver Assistance Package for the 2018 S5. I wonder why the Q5 or SQ5 does not get it at launch? Maybe in a few months, I guess.

Do you know if the same Urban Driving Assistance Package is offered on the 2018 SQ5? Or, does it get a better package option?

+1 on the Parking Assist Plus. I don't care about a car parking itself. Unless one has a disability, I feel this is too much driver pampering, promotes laziness, and prevents the driver from honing his/her parking skills. As long as I have the front/rear cameras and sensors plus the MMI visual and Pre-sense, I will be OK.

Last edited by plat27265; 01-20-2017 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'll be OK, too, without the Parking Assist Plus. It's less about laziness and more about value. It exists on the 2017 A4, why not include it on the 2018 Q5? I guess we're just too nice in Canada; they can take away a few features and still charge the same.

Hopefully Active Lane Assist can be activated somehow.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by plat27265
The 2018 Q5 configurator offers an Urban Driving Assistance Package which includes ACC Pre-sense Front, Pre-sense City, and Traffic Sign Recognition. My guess, through this package, one can activate Lane Assist using VCDS. All the components are there including the camera. Just a guess.

Lane Assist is part of the Advanced Driver Assistance Package for the 2018 S5. I wonder why the Q5 or SQ5 does not get it at launch? Maybe in a few months, I guess.

Do you know if the same Urban Driving Assistance Package is offered on the 2018 SQ5? Or, does it get a better package option?

+1 on the Parking Assist Plus. I don't care about a car parking itself. Unless one has a disability, I feel this is too much driver pampering, promotes laziness, and prevents the driver from honing his/her parking skills. As long as I have the front/rear cameras and sensors plus the MMI visual and Pre-sense, I will be OK.
Looks like the same tech package on the SQ5 and Q5.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:43 AM
tgt
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Daytona would be tops on my list as well, would love to see the color on the 2018.

-tgt

Originally Posted by appzman
Just finalized my order with my dealer up here in Canada.

SQ5 Technik (equivalent to Prestige in the US)
Daytona Grey (same as my current Q5)
Driver Assistance
Carbon Atlas Trim

Decided against the 21" rims, our roads are pretty bad up here and I wanted the extra rubber.

Very excited.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats, I did the same thing. SQ5,Prestige, Matador Red, S Sport, All seasons tires, Cold weather,Carbon Atlas, Tow Hitch. I took my wife to the dealership to let her try the Sport seats and got the OK to go SQ. Now I'm going to get in trouble sneaking off with her car. My dealer thinks the DAP is on constraint and may be available by Build date. Since U.S. SQ's are set for May arrival (hopefully) then it could be 3 months and a lot can happen by then. I Also asked them to push for Nougat Brown interior but ordered black. I'm first in que with my dealer. No prices yet but they expect them soon.

Last edited by Ron.S; 01-20-2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quick Reply: 2018 SQ5 Order Placed