A4 (B8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A4 produced from 2008.5

Needs advice on MODS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needs advice on MODS!

so I just got my hands on a 2010 A4 Quattro premium plus (black) and I'm thinking about customizing it a little.

1st: the car has 17x8 factory allow wheels on 245/45 r17 tires, I would like to keep my tires as they're brand new so I'm thinking about getting some 17x8 rims, do you recommend any?

2nd: I would like to upgrade the exhaust or muffler a little, what do you recommend for a nice rich and sporty sound?

3rd: since I'm sticking with 17' wheels, lowering the car would be a must, what do you recommend?

I really your expertise on this, thanks in advance!
Old 01-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can't help too much with wheels, I am putting winter tires on my stock wheels and got 19" peelers from an S4. As far as exhaust goes, I would check out a cat back non resonated, AWE touring exhaust. I just ordered mine and it's suppose to be quieter at idle and lower rpms but louder when you get on it. I would check out the H&R sport oe springs, it lowers the car about 1.2 inches but almost keeps the original ride quality as stock.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by triathlete11
I can't help too much with wheels, I am putting winter tires on my stock wheels and got 19" peelers from an S4. As far as exhaust goes, I would check out a cat back non resonated, AWE touring exhaust. I just ordered mine and it's suppose to be quieter at idle and lower rpms but louder when you get on it. I would check out the H&R sport oe springs, it lowers the car about 1.2 inches but almost keeps the original ride quality as stock.
For the wheels i understand it is hard to find any that'll look good on 17 lol, yours look sick by the way. for the cat back how much did it cost? i know some go for over 1500 lol i don't want to break my piggy bank. i will definitely get the H&R i have read good reviews on them
thanks for helping!
Old 01-21-2017, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Depends on the setup that you want. I got the single exit polished tips, cheapest option, around $970.. you can get dual exit and quad tips but you have to get order a new a valance to make it fit. Checkout the website http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-b8a4-exhaust. I think this will be best option for tone. If you want it louder you can order the resonated downpipe with it. It'll take about 2 weeks to get it once you order. Mine should be arriving within a week or so. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have dual tips with a single outlet as well so I think it'll fit. thanks for the website I'm currently browsing through it. I don't think I'll upgrade the downpipe as well because I'm trying to keep the interior reasonably quiet. I'm guessing you installed stage 1 or stage 2 on yours?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yes my current setup is APR Stage I, Roceuro Intake which sounds great and is a cheaper mod. Next step is touring exhaust, which will be a nice little addition. I may order H&R springs but with the winters I am happy to have stock for plowing through the streets. Otherwise I have tint, side license plate holder, 6000k fog lights and 19" peelers powder coated gunmetal grey.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Damn your loaded man! I've read some issues related to loss of fuel economy after APR stage 1, have you experienced any? I am replacing my front grill with a honeycomb grill without that ugly license plate
Old 01-22-2017, 06:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have not experienced any loss of fuel economy in my current car. I also had my 2008 A4 tuned as well no issues there. Only reason would be having a heavy foot haha. I may do the honeycomb grill as well, that will be a nice look for sure. How many miles are on your car currently?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I hope its not going to raise my fuel consumption when i get it! How much did it cost overall? it will definetely look cool on it plus its cheap, i found some for about 170 off ebay. Im also thinking about plasti dipping it but thats the last thing i'll do, performance first lol. My car has currently 59980 miles on it
Old 01-24-2017, 06:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think the total cost was around $850 or so including labor and getting the additional fuel options for stage I. It definitely makes the car more fun to drive. I don't plan to go to stage II, after my touring exhaust I will probably keep it like that and save up for an S4 in the next few years. It feels like there are unlimited mods for the 2.0T. Only other things I would consider are H&R sport oe springs and RS grill

Quick Reply: Needs advice on MODS!