Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Rear armrest/cup holders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear armrest/cup holders?

I test drove a Q7 today and plan on ordering on Monday, but forgot to check for rear cup holders. Is there a fold down arm rest with cup holders in back?
Old 01-22-2017, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Not 100% sure it's included in all trim levels. Best to ask.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

The rear cup holders are very small and there is no storage in the rear arm rest.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

What about the third row? I know the last gen had them on either side, but I forgot to note this one before ordering. Thanks
Old 01-22-2017, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
What about the third row? I know the last gen had them on either side, but I forgot to note this one before ordering. Thanks
Third row cup holders are still on the sidewall / armrest.
Better known as trash bins to my grandkids
Old 01-22-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Third row cup holders are still on the sidewall / armrest.
Better known as trash bins to my grandkids
Haha. Thanks
Old 01-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm a new Q7 owner and I love much about the vehicle! However, one of the shortcomings are the lack of interior storage and the woefully inadequate cup holders, especially in the second row armrest. Thankfully I won't be spending much time back there.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have had my Q7 for a few months now. My first Audi. I love everything about it - except the small cup holders. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal when I was buying the car, but it's difficult to find drinks that fit in the front cup holders. Forget about my kids using the ones it the back - they're worse.
I work with a guy that does end-user research for my company. I was talking to him about my new car and the cup holders. Turns out he did a 12 month customer satisfaction project for Audi USA years ago with his old company. Everything came back very positive. The largest negative (above everything else) was the small cup holders. When they presented the findings back to Audi, they were very impressed with the results and concerned with the negative comments about the cup holders. They left the meeting stating "if they did nothing else, they were going to fix the cup holder problem". Audi's fix was to develop a tapered coffee mug. That is what they presented back as the fix... True story.
Has anyone found a good solution for the cup holder issue?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jksmith04
I have had my Q7 for a few months now. My first Audi. I love everything about it - except the small cup holders. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal when I was buying the car, but it's difficult to find drinks that fit in the front cup holders. Forget about my kids using the ones it the back - they're worse.
I work with a guy that does end-user research for my company. I was talking to him about my new car and the cup holders. Turns out he did a 12 month customer satisfaction project for Audi USA years ago with his old company. Everything came back very positive. The largest negative (above everything else) was the small cup holders. When they presented the findings back to Audi, they were very impressed with the results and concerned with the negative comments about the cup holders. They left the meeting stating "if they did nothing else, they were going to fix the cup holder problem". Audi's fix was to develop a tapered coffee mug. That is what they presented back as the fix... True story.
Has anyone found a good solution for the cup holder issue?
I rarely eat and drink in the car so never pay much mind to the cup holders, and usually use them to held my phone. But from the complaints it seems the ones in the Q (front) seem pretty bad that you need adapters or redesigned cups? How small are we talking here? Cannot hold a Vendi Starbucks cup, or cannot hold a 7-11 Super Big Gulp?
Old 03-15-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

These cups https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/drinkware/tumblers/RTIC-Tumbler-20-oz work well for me. The Yeti cups have too big of a base. I am not sure if these fit in the rear cup holders. I know there are cup adapters made but they look cheap and ugly. I have found that a long neck beer bottle fits in the rear cup holders as if it were made for them. Those Germans do love their beer now so maybe it was. 😉

Quick Reply: Rear armrest/cup holders?