A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Clean the Leather

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clean the Leather

Does anyone know what kind of leather seats our A4s have? What should I use to clean the leather?
Old 01-22-2017, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm not sure what the name of the leather is, but I have used Lexol for many years and my leather seats have held up very well. My S5 seats were a better quality leather, and if it worked on them it is certainly good enough for my A4.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

One of the main causes of leather deterioration, if you park your car in the sunlight, is UV rays. That's the main reason I tinted my windows. I regularly vacuum the car and they get cleaned by the detailer twice a year, before and after winter.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
One of the main causes of leather deterioration, if you park your car in the sunlight, is UV rays. That's the main reason I tinted my windows. I regularly vacuum the car and they get cleaned by the detailer twice a year, before and after winter.
Windows already block UV rays. It's the infrared ones that certain kinds of tinting will block as well.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I'm not sure what the name of the leather is, but I have used Lexol for many years and my leather seats have held up very well. My S5 seats were a better quality leather, and if it worked on them it is certainly good enough for my A4.
Lexol has also served me very well over the decades. I treat my Lexus seats three times a year and they have really held up very well.

I might add, wiping the seats down with a clean, damp cloth each week also helps a lot. Keeping dust and dirt off the surfaces helps prevent aging and is a must before applying treatment.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
Ditto - Lexol cleaner and conditioner are great.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Based on you guys' recommendation, I've bought Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Haven't used it though.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Based on you guys' recommendation, I've bought Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Haven't used it though.
Be sure to apply a light even coat, and to a cloth instead of right to the seat because it will darken lighter leathers for a while (it eventually goes away) if too much is applied in one place. Great stuff.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by redherring
Be sure to apply a light even coat, and to a cloth instead of right to the seyat because it will darken lighter leathers for a while (it eventually goes away) if too much is applied in one place. Great stuff.
Sure will do. But it comes in a spray bottle. So I spray directly onto a microfiber or onto the seat?

Edit - Just cleaned the seats. Drivers seat was the worst. Nougat brown helps in hiding a lot of dirt!!

This is just from the driver's seat!!!! 1100 miles of dirt!!

Last edited by VipinLJ; 01-24-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My experience is what redherring recommended: spray it on a cloth and use that to apply it to the seat. It does a fabulous job and will keep the seat looking new for a long time. The Lexol vinyl cleaner/conditioner is also a good product.

Quick Reply: Clean the Leather