Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

SQ5 Configurator live in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SQ5 Configurator live in Canada

Audi launched the 2018 SQ5 configurator in Canada this morning. The Canadian International Auto Show is this week, and will see the Canadian launch. Q5 has been live for a few weeks.

I placed my SQ5 order blindly without being able to configure it online. Pretty happy with my order, might make a couple changes before it goes to production.

2018 SQ5 > Audi Canada

My order: entry > NeMo > Audi Canada
Old 02-14-2017, 05:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No flat bottom steering wheel ? I sure hope not. Still really put off w/the fake S exhaust tips and no real inlay options besides Carbon Atlas, but perhaps down the line more will be offered [Aluminum inlays please !].

I'm starting to smell real cost cutting here but I hope I'm incorrect.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the flat bottom on my current Q5 w/ S line. I don't believe they make a flat bottom that's also heated, and in the cold Canadian climate I'd happily trade flat bottom for heated circular. But would obviously be better if they just made a heated flat bottom.

In the new S5 configurator, they have the option for heated 3 spoke or non-heated flat bottom. No such option with the SQ5.

Old 02-14-2017, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You are correct! I didn't notice it. I think it is too early at this point in time to rule out a flat-bottom steering wheel as an option to the 2018 Q5/SQ5. How can an S model not have flat-bottom steering wheel? Absurd!
Old 02-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

We'll perhaps I spoke too soon as looking a this video there is clearly a flat bottom steering wheel:

Too bad about the fake exhaust tips however.

Last edited by UHackenberg; 02-14-2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm going to assume that this, along with Active Lane Assist, will be an option added after the model year changeover.
Old 02-14-2017, 04:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

is the padding around the wheel the same for the flat bottom vs non flat? what is the point of the flat? we couldn't get the sline with our current Q5 cause wife didn't like the flat bottom.
Old 02-14-2017, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getliquid
is the padding around the wheel the same for the flat bottom vs non flat? what is the point of the flat? we couldn't get the sline with our current Q5 cause wife didn't like the flat bottom.
One reason is so you don't bump your legs on the steering wheel when you get in and out of the car. My prior S4 had a round wheel and the clearance between the bottom of the wheel and seat was minimal, always bumped into it.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Went into dealership today for Q5/SQ5 presentation. Glad to see that they fixed most of "small annoyances" of the outgoing model - light mode switch (which I bump with my knee quite often putting it to "off" without realizing it), put next/prev track buttons where they belong (on the steering wheel), washer fluid cap (it's relocated to the right side, and the cap stays open without the need to tuck it under something). Also I've noticed that there is quite a bit more legroom in the back (I comfortably sat behind myself with some room to spare, which isn't something I can say about my current model).
Asked about active lane keeping thingy - I was told that there is some sort of manufacturing problem, but they are hopeful it will be resolved soon™.
As for pricing - fully-specced vehicle now goes for ~76k while outgoing was ~71.5k.
My overall impressions - I like the car so far, but will reserve my final opinion until I have a chance to test-drive production vehicle (which I was told will show up closer to summer time).
Old 02-23-2017, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Cool info! Thank you. I love how the new model is costing them less to build yet they are charging significantly more. I'm sure the Canadian dollar isn't helping, but still.

Looking forward to seeing it in person.

Quick Reply: SQ5 Configurator live in Canada