A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Grey Interiors ZF and ZG

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grey Interiors ZF and ZG

I'm thinking about ordering an A4 Prestige with Warm & Cold Weather Packages (without Sport Package). The ZF (Rock Gray/Black) and ZG (Rock Gray/Gray) interiors are viable options according to the Audi Order Guide, but the Build Your Own site won't let me select any gray without selecting Sport Package, which i don't want. Can anyone confirm if these are actual options with the packages I want? I'd like to have my ducks in a row before going to the dealer to negotiate.

Also, the Build Your Own site gives 2 gray interior options. Even though I can't select them with my packages, I can at least see the color schemes. Does anyone know if they accurately represent the ZF and ZG options?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:54 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Which country is this in? If anything, I would expect that the sport package would REQUIRE a black interior, not the other way around.

Re: the two options, one involves a black dash/console/etc. The other (the one not available in Canada) has a partially-grey dash/console/etc.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I ordered a Prestige with a Moonlight Blue exterior and ZG Rock Gray/Granite Gray interior with the Oak inlays on November 18, 2016. The packages that I selected are Cold Weather, Warm Weather, Driver Assistance.

Before I placed the order I was able to build this combination on the Audi website and the images correctly reflected the exterior and interior colors and even the perforated seats of the Warm Weather package after you selected it. I'm not sure why you can't do this now. I note that Audi has added the manual transmission option and something may have gone wrong when they did this. Either that or they have changed the order guide so that you have to order the black interior to get the Warm Weather package.

My take on the differences between the two gray interior options is that the ZF is basically gray seats and armrests and black everywhere else (dash, carpet and headliner) and the ZG is gray seats, armrests, door panels, lower dash and headliner and dark gray carpet. The order guide spelled all of this out. I looked at cars with both ZF and ZG interiors before ordering and what was in the cars matched the order guide and what the build pictures were showing.

I don't have the car yet, it is supposed to be on the ocean as I write so I can't speak to whether it was built the way I ordered it. However, Audi order tracking system is still showing that it was build with the options that I specified and I have not received any communication to the contrary.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by VM
Which country is this in? If anything, I would expect that the sport package would REQUIRE a black interior, not the other way around.
Re: the two options, one involves a black dash/console/etc. The other (the one not available in Canada) has a partially-grey dash/console/etc.
I'm in the US. I don't want Sport Package, but the Audiusa.com website forces me to add that if I want the Gray/Black interior.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

To get gray/black, you must add sport, warm weather, or both.

For gray/gray, you can get it with standard seats or warm weather, but not sport package.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by zagava
I ordered a Prestige with a Moonlight Blue exterior and ZG Rock Gray/Granite Gray interior with the Oak inlays on November 18, 2016. The packages that I selected are Cold Weather, Warm Weather, Driver Assistance.

Before I placed the order I was able to build this combination on the Audi website and the images correctly reflected the exterior and interior colors and even the perforated seats of the Warm Weather package after you selected it. I'm not sure why you can't do this now. I note that Audi has added the manual transmission option and something may have gone wrong when they did this. Either that or they have changed the order guide so that you have to order the black interior to get the Warm Weather package.

My take on the differences between the two gray interior options is that the ZF is basically gray seats and armrests and black everywhere else (dash, carpet and headliner) and the ZG is gray seats, armrests, door panels, lower dash and headliner and dark gray carpet. The order guide spelled all of this out. I looked at cars with both ZF and ZG interiors before ordering and what was in the cars matched the order guide and what the build pictures were showing.

I don't have the car yet, it is supposed to be on the ocean as I write so I can't speak to whether it was built the way I ordered it. However, Audi order tracking system is still showing that it was build with the options that I specified and I have not received any communication to the contrary.
Very helpful because the packages you selected are exactly what I'm considering, with possibly a different exterior color. My local dealer doesn't have any A4's with Gray interior, so I'm only able to go off of the Audiusa site to see what they. I attached what I think the ZG package will look like with respect to color scheme. Is that what yours will look like (but with Ventilated Sport Seats instead of regular seats)?
Attached Thumbnails Grey Interiors ZF and ZG-download.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
To get gray/black, you must add sport, warm weather, or both.

For gray/gray, you can get it with standard seats or warm weather, but not sport package.
Thanks. It's just confusing b/c AudiUSA's own site doesn't let me configure it that way.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jesco1024
I'm thinking about ordering an A4 Prestige with Warm & Cold Weather Packages (without Sport Package). The ZF (Rock Gray/Black) and ZG (Rock Gray/Gray) interiors are viable options according to the Audi Order Guide, but the Build Your Own site won't let me select any gray without selecting Sport Package, which i don't want. Can anyone confirm if these are actual options with the packages I want? I'd like to have my ducks in a row before going to the dealer to negotiate.

Also, the Build Your Own site gives 2 gray interior options. Even though I can't select them with my packages, I can at least see the color schemes. Does anyone know if they accurately represent the ZF and ZG options?

Thanks in advance.
I ordered a prestige Allroad with cold weather, warm weather in rock gray/granite gray. I too had an issue with the build your own section on Audi USA. It kept defaulting to the sport package if I added gray sport seats. I believe it's a bug in their website. My order was placed with no issues so far. I actually pointed the issue out to my sales rep and we carefully read the ordering sheet and it doesn't exclude that combination.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

jesco1024 what you have shown in post #6 is exactly what I am expecting my ZG interior to look like except with the ventilated sport seats instead of the standard seats.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

This is the ZG interior, non-sport, no extendable thigh supports, mostly gray including the headliner...

Cars for Sale: New 2017 Audi A4 in 2.0T Premium quattro Sedan, Rancho Mirage CA: 92270 Details - Sedan - Autotrader

Last edited by dseag2; 02-20-2017 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Grey Interiors ZF and ZG