S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

The first "Official" AudiUSA S4 info sent to Dealers

Old 02-21-2017, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts
Default The first "Official" AudiUSA S4 info sent to Dealers

The first notice that prices have been set follows:

Subject: 2018 Audi S4 product and pricing announcement

Dealer Communication

2018 Audi S4 product and pricing announcement

• The all-new S4 acheives a best-in-class 0-60 mph time of 4.4 seconds, a full two tenths of a second faster than the Mercedes-AMG C43 and BMW 340i xDrive
• Replacing the previous S4’s supercharged V6 engine, the all-new 3.0-liter TFSIŽ V6 produces an impressive 354 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque, an increase of 21hp and 44 lb-ft
• Standard 6-piston monobloc front brake calipers, along with available sport adaptive damping suspension and an updated quattro(r) sport rear differential provide enhanced performance and driving dynamics

Arriving in dealerships this Spring, the all-new S4 provides additional content and increased performance over the previous S4, as well as the competition. Starting at a Premium Plus trim level, the S4 builds upon the A4 with the following additional standard equipment:

• 18” 5-double-spoke-star design wheels with standard summer tires or optional all-season tires
• 3-spoke multifunction flat-bottom steering wheel with shift paddles and S badging
• Diamond stitched S sport seats with power side bolsters and massage function
• Leather/AlcantaraŽ interior with contrast stitching
• Brushed aluminum decorative inlays
• Aluminum-optic exterior side mirror housings
• Platinum Gray Singleframe grill with aluminum-optic double blade bars
• Quad exhaust outlets
• Rear trunk lid lip spoiler

Comparing standard equipment to the competition, the Mercedes-AMG C43 is standard equipped with leatherette/DINAMICA seats, halogen headlights, an unbranded base audio system, and without a sunroof, yet starts at $52,000 MSRP. The S4 starts at only $50,900 MSRP and is standard equipped with leather/AlcantaraŽ seats, LED headlights, a Bang & OlufsenŽ sound system with 3D sound, and a panoramic sunroof.

Increased content, class-leading performance, and exceptional value is what sets the S4 apart in the segment.

Additional Information and Resources
MY2018 Audi S4 Product Information Books will be available on the Audi Academy CRC website in the coming weeks.

Order Guides with full pricing details will be available on February 24, 2017.

AudiUSA.com will launch a MY2018 S4 content and full model landing page including pricing and configurator this week. MY2018 S4 Sales Assist content is available today.

Vehicles begin arriving in dealerships this spring.

Pricing
Model year 2018 S4 starting manufacturer suggested retail prices:

MODEL --- PREMIUM PLUS ---- PRESTIGE
2018 S4 --- $50,900 ----------- $55,800

*Prices above exclude destination charge ($975), taxes, title, options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.

Last edited by markcincinnati; 02-21-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

lets party!!!!! WHOOO HOOO
Old 02-22-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Finally! Pricing information! MSRP is not as bad as I thought it would be
Old 02-22-2017, 06:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally! I emailed my dealer hoping they'll send me all the details on Friday. I ordered in January and my car has not entered the build phase yet, my 335 lease ends in May so I'm biting my nails.

Putting all that aside, did anyone notice it said panoramic sunroof, the current gen A4 has a standard one. Does that mean this is a change from the A4?
Old 02-22-2017, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

The sunroof is considered panoramic as it is larger than a standard sunroof. This applies for A4 as well.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mmp151
Finally! I emailed my dealer hoping they'll send me all the details on Friday. I ordered in January and my car has not entered the build phase yet, my 335 lease ends in May so I'm biting my nails.

Putting all that aside, did anyone notice it said panoramic sunroof, the current gen A4 has a standard one. Does that mean this is a change from the A4?
FYI you can extend the BMW lease for 3 months with out ordering another BMW.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Regarding Audis and Audi Financial leases:

There are two ways to "extend" your AudiFS lease.

1. You can request a 2-month extension without having another Audi on order. The AFS person on the phone told me I actually could get a second 2-month extension (apparently at the AFS person's discretion).

2. You then can request a 6-month extension IF you have a comm # (meaning you have a car on order).

What I can't say for sure: I do not know if you can get a two-month extension followed by a 6-month extension. I will say that it SEEMED to me that the AFS person has enough authority to make this happen.

Now, too, however, in my case I have had over two-dozen Audis, almost all of them leased through AFS -- so, perhaps when the AFS person brought up my "history" on her screen, she could see I'm not a one and done customer.

Also it is critical to understand that another condition is that no late payments have ever been made and, obviously, no missed payments. I was not asked for a credit check permission, so I have to "assume" that if you've made 36 (or whatever) payments without issue, that they take the chance you're not going to abscond with their car.

I, too, was pleased that the price was slightly LESS than I had predicted.

An S4, Prestige config, for $55,800? With a 6% discount (if you are an Audi Club member) pretty much a lock, monthly lease payments or finance (or cash) on a $55K car can be quite attractive.

I've only driven the newest A4 and the 2018 A5, but the S4 must be similar but with the added HP and torque. I will miss the DSG transmission, though -- but probably just a little.
Old 02-24-2017, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

you can now build in on audiusa
Old 02-24-2017, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIO
you can now build in on audiusa
No brown leather available for the S (4 or 5). Why? Why? What is it with German automakers thinking brown leather isn't "sporty?"
Old 02-24-2017, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

It's such a shame.....whoever told the industry all-black (or a dash of grey) interior equals sporty?!?!?!

I personally had to not buy a S model just so I could get an interior color that I wanted. The red is a fun alternative for those that dislike the black/grey, but lets me honest....red won't be for everyone either.

The lack of color, both interior and exterior, is just mind boggling.....and frustrating.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The first "Official" AudiUSA S4 info sent to Dealers