A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Subframe bolt replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Subframe bolt replacement?

Does anyone know the part numbers for the front and rear subframe bolts? Having to change my front passenger motor mount, i might have to drop the subframe a little so those bolts have to be replaced as their a one time use thing aS well. Same goes for the rear, where i have to drop the rear subframe a little to install the rear differential bushing inserts from 034motorsport. I called up my nearest dealer and they didnt have them (have to order them). The response i got when i asked for the part #'s was "yeah we are not allowed to give part numbers out. They dont want us doing that". I understand they want to make the sales for themselves but its Kind of ridiculous in my book.. Id appreciate if anyone had the part numbers for them as i cant seem to find it anywhere. Car is a 2013 A8L 4.0T. Any help would be great
Old 02-22-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

I looked very hard, and the best I can come up with is these diagrams, linked below. I don't want to tell you they have everything correct without giving you the opportunity to see what I am seeing. This is the only place I found part numbers listed for all those bolts, they seem to all be orderable off of Audi's parts site here cheapest, but it won't confirm they all match the car. I hope this helps and gives you what you're looking for or at least some things to look at.
Outside source diagram 1 Front
Outside source diagram 2 Rear
Audi parts site rear crossmember
Audi parts site transaxel crossmember (doesn't list any bolts)
Old 02-22-2017, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack88
I looked very hard, and the best I can come up with is these diagrams, linked below. I don't want to tell you they have everything correct without giving you the opportunity to see what I am seeing. This is the only place I found part numbers listed for all those bolts, they seem to all be orderable off of Audi's parts site here cheapest, but it won't confirm they all match the car. I hope this helps and gives you what you're looking for or at least some things to look at.
Outside source diagram 1 Front
Outside source diagram 2 Rear
Audi parts site rear crossmember
Audi parts site transaxel crossmember (doesn't list any bolts)
thank you Jack. I seen the crossmember bolts on a few sites, was just confused if its referred to as crossmember or subframe. Im assuming its those bolts as they line up with where they would be on the car itself. Hopefully i dont end up receiving the wrong ones
Old 02-22-2017, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 580 Likes on 486 Posts

Jack cites the usual best diagrams here (EKTA).

FWIW though, I end up approaching these a bit differently than you (OP) did. I look up the parts like Jack was doing. But then I CALL the dealer I will buy from. What I do not do in this age of rampant click one's brains out on the web is just order it all up remote at whatever off hour. Or if I do with a long list, I specifically put a note or call in. The key difference is they can check everything by VIN. If you or Jack or I do it from EKTA and pick the wrong motor or wrong fuel (gas vs diesel 6's, 8's, etc,, which slides distinguish in a lot of cases), or wrong option codes, then wrong parts. If I talk it through and it is done by VIN, then if a problem, they replace. And yes I have literally done that with single dollar type parts, sometimes even sub dollar. But then when I order the multi hundred dollar needed OE parts, or the tune up parts reliably, or... I keep it at the same place with the same longer term point of contact. What comes around goes around as they say. Here leveraging relationships works, and internet faceless ordering doesn't do squat, nor leave you with recourse either if not pinned down to VIN and maybe some discussion where it's a judgment call on a parts slide. Bigger picture from having checked it about 100 times, if it is specifically dealer OE, the web Audi parts dealers (several choices) are almost invariably cheaper than the various other sites (led probably by ECS) when it comes to "Audi" genuine parts. If it is OES and you can figure it out (Lemforder, Bosch, etc.), then I look at the usual indy suspects. For stuff like parts diagram specific bolts, nuts, clips, plastic rivets, etc, invariably dealer.

Last edited by MP4.2+6.0; 02-22-2017 at 02:56 PM.