A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Am I just getting too picky, expecting too much?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Am I just getting too picky, expecting too much?

I brought my Allroad in for the dealer to install the front and rear splash guards. When I picked it up outside, all the guards were dirty/dusty. Stop - I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, they are splash guards and are meant to get dirty. I get it, I do and I sure ain't gonna lose sleep over it, but is it being too picky or asking too much that since I'm buying new, that the service tech simply wipe them off after he install them? Maybe I'm just getting too old.;<)

Last edited by bob m; 02-23-2017 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would drive me crazy too !
I can't stand it when I get an Oil change and they don't wipe things down !
To me it just speaks to bad, incompetent service !
One reason I like to do things myself, although not always possible...��
Old 02-23-2017, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

for these same reason I started doing things myself...
about 20 years ago
Old 02-23-2017, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
I brought my Allroad in for the dealer to install the front and rear splash guards. When I picked it up outside, all the guards were dirty/dusty. Stop - I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW, they are splash guards and are meant to get dirty. I get it, I do and I sure ain't gonna lose sleep over it, but is it being too picky or asking too much that since I'm buying new, that the service tech simply wipe them off after he install them? Maybe I'm just getting too old.;<)
Unless they are tyres, I would expect them to be clean no matter what. Even if they are intended to be dirty. Even tyres, I would make them clean it and put a layer of wheel was or whatever, if they are brand new.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

You're not being too picky; they should have been clean when you picked up the car.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
When I pay dealer shop rates I expect to get the car back clean (especially the parts you just paid them to install). If I wanted to clean my car after the work was done I'd do it myself.

The worst situation I had was when I got in my car after service and there was a coffee cup in the cup holder. I don't drink coffee, so whoever was test driving or cleaning my car was drinking coffee in it. I had some rather direct words with the service manager about it, and my car was always especially clean after subsequent appointments.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You paid them a king's ransom for your car. It's a luxury automobile. The thing should be spotless when you get it back.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Reminds me of when I took my '01 A6 4.2 to the dealership and they gave me a complete detailing for all the service "hiccups" I had experienced. The car looked beautiful, but they left my wheels filthy. I moved to Lexus for many years after that. I hate when dealerships do things half-assed.

Any respectable dealership should have cleaned up your splash guards.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Just to be clear, this is a much closer dealer that I have bought my 2014 Q5 from and had all service work done there and they have always done a good job. This is not the dealer I bought this Allroad from. Having said that, glad I'm not alone in a basic (though small) expectation. Sometimes it's the little things that can leave a bad taste.