Old 02-24-2017, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 2018 Audi S4

The 2018 Audi S4 is available on the Audi USA website

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-s4

Though the headline bar says 2016 S4

Premium plus starts at $50,900
Prestige starts at $55,800 ($66,175 as built with all options ticked)

They've also added the 2018 S5 coupe (not sure if it was there before)

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-s5-coupe

Premium plus starts at $54,600
Prestige starts at $59,000 ($66,975 as built with all options ticked)

Last edited by VipinLJ; 02-24-2017 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Next lease I'm thinking the S4 premium is on my list. Dang.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, compared to Audi Canada, Audi US had bundled a lot of individually selectable options such as rear seat heating, dynamic steering, sports suspension, red calipers, etc. Audi US is trying to sell bundled options to increase profits per sale. If I do not want red brake calipers but want to pick adaptive sports suspension and sport diff, I am forced to get the S Sports Package. The price of the S Sport Package components in C$ is C$3400 which roughly translates to US$2,500. They on par but wouldn't it be nice for US buyers to have the choice to individually select preferred options. I guess since the US is a high volume market, I can imagine the factory having a difficult time putting together orders that vary so much because of individually selectable options. I guess minimizing variables in the production line translates to increased productivity and profits.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
Wow, compared to Audi Canada, Audi US had bundled a lot of individually selectable options such as rear seat heating, dynamic steering, sports suspension, red calipers, etc. Audi US is trying to sell bundled options to increase profits per sale. If I do not want red brake calipers but want to pick adaptive sports suspension and sport diff, I am forced to get the S Sports Package. The price of the S Sport Package components in C$ is C$3400 which roughly translates to US$2,500. They on par but wouldn't it be nice for US buyers to have the choice to individually select preferred options. I guess since the US is a high volume market, I can imagine the factory having a difficult time putting together orders that vary so much because of individually selectable options. I guess minimizing variables in the production line translates to increased productivity and profits.
Yup. I guess that is the reason too. But I would think Europe was more high volume? They seem to have billions of options compared to what we have here.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Yup. I guess that is the reason too. But I would think Europe was more high volume? They seem to have billions of options compared to what we have here.
True and that is probably one of the many reasons why similar cars priced in Europe turn out to be very expensive compared to North American models. European members in this forum are often astonished at the price of similar models here in North America. They cheaper and more affordable based on their standards. The privilege of selecting individual options on everything comes with a price tag. By doing some de-contenting and bundling options together, the European factories are able to bring the price down for volume orders significantly in order for their cars to compete in North America. This is very similar to BMW and Mercedes way of selling their cars in North America, too. The Japanese and South Koreans including North American manufacturers are doing the same too. Some even go to the extend of just offering trim levels and no other selectable packages or options to keep things even simpler.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Adjusted for exchange rate, Canadians are getting a great deal. Given that the US Dollar and Euro are nearly at par, I was hoping for better pricing, but at least it's only a few percent increase over the B8.5.
Old 02-25-2017, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

^ Also, the passing of the CETA trade agreement between Canada-EU will eventually remove ALL tariffs on European vehicles and parts. Can't wait for it
Old 02-25-2017, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JD15
Adjusted for exchange rate, Canadians are getting a great deal. Given that the US Dollar and Euro are nearly at par, I was hoping for better pricing, but at least it's only a few percent increase over the B8.5.
Yes, it is true that Canadians seem to be getting a good deal from a US perspective. However, the Canadian dollar has shrunk dragging down our buying power so it is much difficult to buy these vehicles now compared to a few of years ago when the US$ and C$ exchange rate was closer to par. But, since a lot of people lease these vehicles, the economic aspect won't have much effect on their decision to lease because the monthly payments soften the blow of diminished buying power.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I inquired about lease on the S4 Progressiv + Sport Diff is about $1050 CAD per month for 36 mth with $0 down and upfront payments rolled into the monthly payments. Only first and last payment and licensing due at delivery. Interest is 3.9% for 36mth and 4.9% 48 mth. 48mth is around $970/mth. Seems quite a bit no? Residual is low compared to the SQ5, 7% difference!
Old 02-26-2017, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by White Comet
So I inquired about lease on the S4 Progressiv + Sport Diff is about $1050 CAD per month for 36 mth with $0 down and upfront payments rolled into the monthly payments. Only first and last payment and licensing due at delivery. Interest is 3.9% for 36mth and 4.9% 48 mth. 48mth is around $970/mth. Seems quite a bit no? Residual is low compared to the SQ5, 7% difference!
The residuals for the SQ5 or Q5 or similar vehicles will be higher than sedans due to their popularity. If the S4 proves to be a hit with consumers, it may be advantageous to you to have a low residual that would allow you to make a bit of money when you decide to sell it privately when your lease is up.

It is rare for Audi in Canada to drop their lease interest rates down to BMW levels. BMW's sales model is bargain basement leases to make their cars sell more. Audi does not do that. Their lease rates are not as competitive. That is why you see less Audi's on the road compared to Mercedes or BMW. $1,000 ++ per month for a 3-year lease on a B9 S4 seems normal or where it should be. If I leased my current 2016 S5 Technik, that would have been the approximate cost of my monthly lease payments for three years. If I were to buy a new B9 S4 or S5 today, I would only be able to afford the Progressive trim with Sport Diff and some other option which comes out to around $67k to 69k. A fully-optioned Technik package without ACC will ring at around $74k ++ which, I think is already beyond what I can comfortably afford.

Quick Reply: 2018 Audi S4