Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Wireless CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 08:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wireless CarPlay

Can we expect wireless CarPlay to be available with software upgrade now that it is coming up in all new cars (like 2017 BMW). #wishful thinking.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I sure hope so.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Do we really get any update what adds or enhance feature?
Old 02-24-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sjq7
Can we expect wireless CarPlay to be available with software upgrade now that it is coming up in all new cars (like 2017 BMW). #wishful thinking.
I highly doubt it. This is not Apple.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
I highly doubt it. This is not Apple.
+1
Old 02-24-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm having a long running battle to get Audi to fix the Train times function in Audi Connect. It's not worked on any Audi in the UK since it came in at least 4 years ago, as it doesn't take into account the UK is 1 hour behind Central European Time. They still advertise it in all the brochures though.

I'd say there's zero chance of them providing a software upgrade even if it were possible.

Tesla doesn't appeal to me but I really hope they drive the industry towards there over the air update model.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by srbsq7
I'm having a long running battle to get Audi to fix the Train times function in Audi Connect. It's not worked on any Audi in the UK since it came in at least 4 years ago, as it doesn't take into account the UK is 1 hour behind Central European Time. They still advertise it in all the brochures though.

I'd say there's zero chance of them providing a software upgrade even if it were possible.

Tesla doesn't appeal to me but I really hope they drive the industry towards there over the air update model.
And this is why respect (and give a lot of business to) Apple. You could use an old iphone and still get the latest features that the latest iphone users gets. Cars on the the other hand...you get what you get when you buy them. Not sure if that's because they are not sophisticated enough, or cannot understand the issues they'll create with an update. the concept of an update is the same, they are just not comfortable with the compatibility to older hardware/firmware.

It really annoys me that my last new vehicle's (2012 BMW) map was outdated the day I bought my car

And this is why CarPlay was a must for me on a new SUV. I think i will use it a lot

Last edited by BigKutta; 02-24-2017 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It works great with an Apple Music subscription. Kids love being able to ask Siri to play any song / album they can think of

I am surprised more apps haven't made it onto CarPlay yet. Not sure if there are significant barriers to getting it approved or they don't see enough CarPlay users yet?

Someone mentioned Waze recently which would be good.
Old 02-25-2017, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

I wish my Amazon Music app would work with CarPlay. I am not sure if Apple is keeping that from working or if its something that Amazon would have to build into their app. Either way it would be great if it worked, then I could operate that app through the MMI instead of on the phone itself.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TDI Brad
I wish my Amazon Music app would work with CarPlay. I am not sure if Apple is keeping that from working or if its something that Amazon would have to build into their app. Either way it would be great if it worked, then I could operate that app through the MMI instead of on the phone itself.
I'd say it's Amazon that is the problem there. Spotify has CarPlay support so there are other options already available. It would also be great if Google Maps had CarPlay support.

Quick Reply: Wireless CarPlay