Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

A few annoying things.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 03:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default A few annoying things.

There are plenty of things I love about the Q, but I've had it less than a week and found a few annoying things so far.

- Speed limit sign warning only allows +10 mph and or blinks like crazy. I know I can turn it off, but I do like the feature.
- Adaptive cruise slams on the brakes when it detects a speed limit change. i.e. approaching toll plaza near my house - 65mph to 35 mph. Hold on.
- Lane assist can be a bit jerky and inconsistent and not always correct.
- The MMI interface is not as intuitive as BMW i drive.
- the WIFI hot spot is super slow.

I welcome any input or if theres a way to correct some of these items.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised that is all you have to be honest. My list continues to grow. But I do agree with your MMI vs the BMW, I hear it every time the wife drives it..... "I hate this nav, it doesn't make sense, BMW is so much easier!!"
Old 02-26-2017, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, I'm sure the list will grow. But it really is a wonderful vehicle. The pros outweigh the cons by far. This is our first Audi and I've been driving bmw's for many years. I'm sure it will take some time to appreciate the differences, BMW's are far from perfect too.
Old 02-26-2017, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dario Campolattaro
There are plenty of things I love about the Q, but I've had it less than a week and found a few annoying things so far.

- Speed limit sign warning only allows +10 mph and or blinks like crazy. I know I can turn it off, but I do like the feature.
- Adaptive cruise slams on the brakes when it detects a speed limit change. i.e. approaching toll plaza near my house - 65mph to 35 mph. Hold on.
- Lane assist can be a bit jerky and inconsistent and not always correct.
- The MMI interface is not as intuitive as BMW i drive.
- the WIFI hot spot is super slow.

I welcome any input or if theres a way to correct some of these items.
I have my speed limit warning at +5mph but I've now got used to ignoring it when I want to go above it.

On the ACC, I think you can change how it behaves to speed limit changes to make it less aggressive. I think it's under Car - Driver Assists?

Active Lane Assist is okay but more of a co-pilot. I only turn it on when doing longer drives and use it just as a backup if I lose concerntration.

I also came from BMW and it did take a while to adjust. After 9 months of using the MMI I am now happy with it. I'm not sure I'd say I have a strong preference for either one.

On the wifi, I've not had any issues with streaming music or video, but did notice with speedtest, you couldn't get close to the expected speed for 4G via the cars wifi. Doing the same test on a mobile with the same provider was much better.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We have many of he same issues. Wife had me turn off speed warning and set ACC lane assist to late.

Wjile jntially very very impressed I think my A7 is a bit more intuitive

She he keeps getting pre sense warning for nothing I hope these adjustments help.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do I turn off active lane assist in my Q7?
Old 02-26-2017, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmarino
how do I turn off active lane assist in my Q7?
Press the button on the end of the turn signal stalk.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by srbsq7
I have my speed limit warning at +5mph but I've now got used to ignoring it when I want to go above it.

On the ACC, I think you can change how it behaves to speed limit changes to make it less aggressive. I think it's under Car - Driver Assists?

Active Lane Assist is okay but more of a co-pilot. I only turn it on when doing longer drives and use it just as a backup if I lose concerntration.

I also came from BMW and it did take a while to adjust. After 9 months of using the MMI I am now happy with it. I'm not sure I'd say I have a strong preference for either one.

On the wifi, I've not had any issues with streaming music or video, but did notice with speedtest, you couldn't get close to the expected speed for 4G via the cars wifi. Doing the same test on a mobile with the same provider was much better.
Regarding the ACC, unfortunately, you cannot change the way the car reacts to changes to the speed limit. Within the ACC settings, there is a predictive control section where you can change the Set Speed Limit setting to "with tolerance". One would think that your tolerance setting for your speed limit warning would carry over to this setting, but it doesn't. The car will still slow down to whatever the new slower speed limit is.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jim Herrod
Regarding the ACC, unfortunately, you cannot change the way the car reacts to changes to the speed limit. Within the ACC settings, there is a predictive control section where you can change the Set Speed Limit setting to "with tolerance". One would think that your tolerance setting for your speed limit warning would carry over to this setting, but it doesn't. The car will still slow down to whatever the new slower speed limit is.
You can change the way it reacts and it's with the setting you mention. With tolerance means it will prioritise efficiency over meeting the speed restriction, so for me the car slows down less aggressively but can mean you exceed the speed limit for a short period.

It doesn't mean it will slow down to speed limit +5mph which is what I have the warning set to.
Old 02-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hmm, i'm going to need to play with it some more. I've had the car for about six weeks and set the tolerance setting from the beginning, but every time a slower speed limit comes up with ACC on, it breaks fairly aggressively depending on how much lower the new speed limit is

Quick Reply: A few annoying things.