Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Just ordered 2018 A5 Cabriolet

Old 03-20-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered 2018 A5 Cabriolet

My first Audi!
Moonlight Blue, Black interior
Prestige, 19" wheels, ventilated seats with neck heating, Driver assistance
So unbelievably pumped!!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

That should be an awesome looking ride. What time frame did they give you?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by heisnuts
That should be an awesome looking ride. What time frame did they give you?
June, I'll have to patiently play the World's tiniest violin
Old 03-23-2017, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

a different dealer said he could do about 3% discount on the exact same car, that they found one in the pipeline already being made and it should be easy to have it switched to california. Do you think this is a good deal? the original dealer just said msrp and absolutely no breaks on the price, also, they didn't tell me about the cars that were already in the pipeline, which has me a bit miffed. I'm kind of a newbie, so any advice would be appreciated
Old 03-24-2017, 02:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mobudhabi
a different dealer said he could do about 3% discount on the exact same car, that they found one in the pipeline already being made and it should be easy to have it switched to california. Do you think this is a good deal? the original dealer just said msrp and absolutely no breaks on the price, also, they didn't tell me about the cars that were already in the pipeline, which has me a bit miffed. I'm kind of a newbie, so any advice would be appreciated
Ask the second dealer to show you the build-sheet for the one they found so you can verify it matches your spec. exactly, and this should also show the estimated production and ship dates from Germany. If the spec and estimated delivery date all look good, then I'd ask the 2nd dealer to put the whole deal in writing, including any other fees (doc fee, etc.) and applicable sales tax, so there are no surprises when the car is delivered.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audi40
Ask the second dealer to show you the build-sheet for the one they found so you can verify it matches your spec. exactly, and this should also show the estimated production and ship dates from Germany. If the spec and estimated delivery date all look good, then I'd ask the 2nd dealer to put the whole deal in writing, including any other fees (doc fee, etc.) and applicable sales tax, so there are no surprises when the car is delivered.
Much appreciated, thanks!
Old 03-25-2017, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by audi40
did precisely this, they matched the car and i saved 2500 bucks! The original dealer wouldn't match it, so bye felicia I suppose.

thanks again for your help
Old 03-27-2017, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

original dealer called out of the blue today 3 days after i asked to cancel my order and stated they could now suddenly do about $1500 less than the second dealer. So, now it's like 4.25% off msrp. Hope this helps people in their quest to save some money!